Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: December 23, 2012 09:22PM

Dayum. I just seem to manage to piss off everybody around me. Too many old scripts pop up . . . too many weird resentments rear their ugly head.

Don't get me wrong. We'll be alright. Nobody will get "cut off" for being out of line or epressing strong opinion in this famiy. It's. just. I don't know.

So, how do you all stay sane this time of year? I tend to lose it. (I don't "know" if that's a Mormon thing or a human thing??).

;o)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: December 23, 2012 09:42PM

It's the most wonderful time of the year...NOT

I stay sane by staying away from my family during the holidays. It's horrible, but after many years of major stress and serious boundary crossing, I finally had to bow out of the extended family holiday abuse. (And I think it's a human thing and not just a Mo thing.)

Anyway, hugs to you. You've had a hard enough go of it this year to also have holiday drama. I hope you can have at least a bit of relaxation and peace this week.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 12:36PM

It's not Christmas until someone crys, slams a door, gets sent to their room, sheds blood, or thows up.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 12:57PM

All of the above so far for us (no lie). I'm the cryer, slammer, thrower-upper. All of the men/boys have bled from putting up (or jumping on) the new trampoline . . . and I've sent every-damn-body to their room at least once, inluding myself!

Merry-bleeping-Christmas ;o)

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 12:39PM

As much as I'd like to think my opposition to Xmas is strictly religion based I know some of it is rooted in my family stuff. We used to have crazy stuff happen with my crazy relatives. Argument, people getting kicked out, kids running away, police getting called. Why can't we just sit down, eat and be nice to each other?

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 12:56PM

I think it must be some sort of letdown after the emotional high of opening presents. We opened presents this morning instead of tomorrow, because he'll be with his mother. He was a bit better this year, but I still had to have some stern words with him at one point.

I can remember a lot of fighting later in the day when I was a kid. I try to keep my expectations low. That way I'm not disappointed.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 01:12PM

All the gift obligations feel like a burden. Getting packages or cards out to people, calling to say thanks, going to the mall over and over and not finding anything good, trying to keep myself away from all the sugary treats so that I don't gain weight I can't lose later ... Those are the things I find stressful. No family fighting about Christmas for some reason.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2012 01:14PM by suckafoo.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 01:31PM

LOL everyone in our family is nice.
But that's because everyone left the morg with only one holdout.

We also serve lots of spiked drinks as a lubricant. LOL.

A good time time is usually had by all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.