Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rt ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 04:37AM

http://www.kerknieuws.nl/nieuws.asp?oId=24202

"Journalist Winfried Baijens is resigning as a member of the Roman Catholic church. He makes this statement after pope Benedictus' christmas speech in which the church leader said that homosexuals 'destroy the essence of being human.'"

"'At first I thought, it doesn't matter, this doesn't affect me,' the 35-year old presenter says. 'But statements like these do affect countries where it does matter and where it incites enormous hatred toward homosexuals. This man knows full well what happens in Uganda, for instance, if you come out as being gay. I no longer want to support such a person in any way, not even on paper.'"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 24, 2012 12:34PM

Bravo for him.

That's what I've been saying. Every person who attends or supports that church in any way is enabling the inequality and mistreatment of women and gays in society.

Kudos to that journalist for evaluating what the real consequences of the Church teachings are and not rationalizing it away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.