Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 02:14AM

http://www.lds.org/tools/stake-and-ward-websites

The Church has discontinued all stake and their associated ward/branch websites as of the new year. One thing about this is you now cannot see what wards/branches are part of what stakes. It's no longer public information on lds.org anyway.

So why did the Church do this? As with everything else, there had to be a reason!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 02:20AM

because before we were in the mists of a "Mormon moment". Well that mormon lost the election and the "mormon moment" is over

Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 06:22AM

can be accessed through the LDS website. No problem.

Posted by: sharapata ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 01:26PM

Yes, I know the ward locator is still there, but that is all that is still there. If you want to find out what ward/branches are part of a stake that you are not a member of, it is considerably more difficult to do now since the stake websites are now gone, per my original point.

For example, I want to see which wards/branches are in the Provo Utah Stake even though I live in California. How can I do that now?

Posted by: Pixie Dust ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 01:56PM

Go to the LDS website.
Mouse ward/stake locator.
Insert the name of the area in the search engine: Provo, UT stake.

It will bring up a listing of wards, then stakes, including the "assigned" temple.

Here is the stake site for Provo, UT North. It even includes a map just so you can locate a building. It may not be easy, nor user friendly, but you can still get there from here. :-)

http://www.lds.org/rcmaps/#lat=38.123082&lng=-97.593396&z=5&m=google.road&layers=selected&q=Provo,%20UT&x=find&find={c:%22Provo%22,co:%22Utah%22,s:%22UT%22,n:%22US%22,lat:%2240.233846%22,lng:%22-111.658529%22}

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 02:14PM

I know that this site was helpful in the development of the case of the Mormon church and its' leaders organizing ward activities to register only Republicans in Colorado Springs. The party leaders and clerks were most Mormons and military in the Colorado Springs church. It was possible to see the wards and stakes and see that they were heavily interrelated.

Unfortunately for exposing the fraud of the Mormon business acting as a cult and calling itself a church for tax purposes there was very little local insight on these meetings. It's a cult, they have members scared and we had people post here they were uncomfortable exposing the political activities in Mormon churches in Colorado Springs.

The funny thing is their crimes and fraud were in a failed effort to sell Bain Boy to Colorado. Final verdict, "no sale".

Wards and stakes are also the best way to know the activity numbers in the Mormon church since they won't likely buld new buildings and leave them empty. Where there were three wards in one building there are likely now two. Where two one, and one a branch. Stakes have to have a leaderships base to function. A count on the number of stakes, ow they are organized geographically, and the count and composition of the wards is revealing to most who know the Mormon operations. I can't remember the membership count for a stake though. It seemed to be like 3,000 active with up to 6,000 on the books before they would create a new stake. I definitely don't know the counts for eliminating a stake and making two where there were three or one where there were two. More contemporary exmo leaders are needed for that info.

Knowing now about Tom Peters Unknown membership file that kept on record for the UK over 100,000 undiscoverable members, but kept them off the local records of about 80,000. The Mormons can claim 180,000 members in the UK, but have the leadership infrastructure to support 80,000 members. They must have about six to seven stakes with 3,000 active or a few more for geography purposes, but smaller. This stake website provided by OP makes it easier to challenge the membership count lies of the Mormon church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2013 02:21PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 03:20PM

yet more correlation

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.