Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 13, 2011 09:56AM

Maybe it's just because I'm a amoral agnostic atheist, but I really tire of hearing people post on about natural disasters and tragedies are "messages" or "signs."

It's not even just the Mo's anymore; I know people from all backgrounds who want to believe this is somehow a sign the world is ending, especially with 2012 'round the corner. For fucks sake, I wish people would get a grip. An aquaintence posted on FB that because the moon is closer than ever it must have some effect on the earth's dirt and it sends a real message.

I bet even if I had my in-home geologist explain this to these fatalists, they would still argue. *sigh*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2011 09:57AM by itzpapalotl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xr ( )
Date: March 13, 2011 10:04AM

I'm sick of hearing this too.

The way I see it, life goes on until one day you day (that we know of). You just deal with it.

If the continent I live on should fall into the ocean or the moon itself crash into the earth or some world power should launch a nuclear salvo or food should run out or oil dry up - we'll deal with it. Life's not always easy or fun, that's part of what makes it interesting. I give it no thought because there's little I can do to prevent it or truly prepare, other than perhaps have some emergency supplies ready.

People should stop worrying about the future and just try to enjoy what they have now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.