Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: turnonthelights ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:19AM

No wonder Mormons are so depressed! They are now linking regular and diet sodas to 30% higher rates of depression. Apparently the diet drinks are even more to blame for this epidemic. Intrestingly enough people who regularly drink coffee are 10% less likely to have depression. So much for the word of wisdom. Diet Coke is like an addictive drug to most Mormons and they would be better off switching it out for coffee.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/sweet-sodas-soft-drinks-may-raise-risk-depression-183000091.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2013 02:22AM by turnonthelights.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:25AM

I changed over to coffee, caffeine pills and high caffeine drinks. I quit diet soda in august. I have never felt better. caffeine is so good for my brain and heart. diet colas have phosphoric acid which erodes teeth and bones. If you have to have soda always read the label. So far I noticed phosphoric acid in coke, pepsi, and dr.pepper. and some flavors of gatorade

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:26AM

Yep. Aspartame - from Donald Rumsfeld, the man who redefined torture and dropped the US to the level of global thug.

He made sure the FDA forced this dangerous chemical onto the market so he could profit.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 03:39AM

Have you ever had diet soda before? I'd be depressed too if thats what I had to drink!

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 05:25AM

yeah, diet coke is swill, tried it--once.

Gaaah!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.