Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 12:26PM

I only have one year book, the one from my senior year. At the time I didn't even want that, but my mother insisted I get it, and even go to some year book signing event. All these years later, I am glad she did.

High School was a painful experience for me, but going through the book, and looking at pictures of friends, I realized that not everyone was a bully, and there were some people I actually care about. I was a lonely child in High School, without many friends, and absolutely no one that I hung out with outside of school, but there were people who went out of their way to be kind to me when they could, and its nice going through the book and realizing there are more of them then there were of bullies.

I would like to have a copy from my junior year. It's not something I would look at everyday, but it would just be nice to have. Do yearbook printing companies ever reprint books per request? Do they even have the information on record needed to do such a thing? If I had a sibling with a book, could I use it as a reference for a publisher to create a reproduction, or would that be a copyright issue? Maybe I'll just photocopy selected pages from my sis's book, and put them in a binder. I don't really care about all the clubs I wasn't in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 12:37PM

They might be able to help you get a copy.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 01:23PM

Get in touch or visit your old high school. They generally have copies of all the year books.

You might be able to copy/scan etc the book. I'm sure they'd appreciate a small donation to some worthy school related cause.

Posted by: anonow ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 02:49PM

You might have to sign up to get access to yearbooks:

http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/?miscj=CMHeader&;

Posted by: inmoland ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 03:49PM

Some schools have archived copies of old yearbooks that they will sell, so you might try calling the school first. If that doesn't pan out, your best bet is ebay.

Over the last few years, I've found copies of long-lost yearbooks for both of my parents and for the parents and grandparents of friends--some of them from schools with very small classes in the 2-300 student range, all on ebay. You may have to be patient, but one will turn up.

If they don't have your year listed at the moment, the best way to find it is to register so they will email you when the book you're looking for is listed for sale in the future. After registering, just do a search for the speciic school, city and year you're looking for. When the search results appear, click "save this search", and then click through the options that ask if you want to be notified when someone lists the book. I had to wait a couple of years for one of my parents' books, but eventually it did turn up.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 09:44PM

I lost a copy of my freshman yearbook at Brighton High School. Ten years later I asked the Salt Lake County Sheriff's office if they had an old copy. Sure enough they did and let me have it. Turns out they have a copy of every yearbook from every high school in their jurisdiction.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 11:18PM

The high school I graduated from has archieved all of their year books and put them up as pdf files with a link on the school's website. They wait for 5 years to put up the new ones, so that people aren't choosing not to purchase a hard copy and then immediately downloading the free pdf, but they have them there. Maybe your school has something similar?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.