Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: True Believer ( )
Date: March 13, 2011 05:18PM

Problem was, he wasn't a mishie for the 'one, true' corporation of Jesus Christ - a.k.a. LD$ Inc. - hence he didn't merit any 'divine protection', apparently. Here's the link to the news report: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/asia-pacific/quebec-missionary-killed-in-japanese-tsunami/article1940259/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 13, 2011 06:20PM

...the scuttlebutt would be that he/she was somehow unrighteous. All missionary misfortune is officially the missionary's fault, no matter what happened.

I learned that on my mission. We were on the way to an appointment when a guy ran a stop sign and slammed into our car. In the eyes of the law, he was at fault, of course, but in the eyes of the MP and the church, we must have done something wrong and the Holy Ghost withdrew his magical protective shield.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: March 13, 2011 08:23PM

Posted by: Davo ( )
Date: March 13, 2011 11:43PM

LOL!!
I was talking online with an LDS guy the other day and he made the statement that God will deal with the false prophets, and went on to list as examples, the likes of Koresh, Jim Jones and the Applewhite guy. And I asked him if that was what happened to JS at Carthage in 1844. He didn't respond.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.