Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cymorg ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 07:50AM

Yahoo had a news articlce that says mississippi has 58% religious people while utah had 56%. interesting

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 08:09AM

Which is why I have no desire to live in Mississippi (or many other places in the Bible Belt).

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 08:34AM

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 08:58AM

(he said, sarcastically)

Posted by: davidlkent ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 03:14PM

All states are more religious than Utah--those people are just pretending--or, wait, maybe everybody is pretending....

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 03:16PM

I think there is a difference between being staunchly Mormon and being religious. Mormons aren't so religious as much as they are just staunch supporters of a cult. Would anyone dare call Scientologists "religious?"

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 03:36PM

What's most interesting is how Utah has the lowest "moderate" middle ground percentile, at least in this poll.

Mormons practice scorched earth religiosity. They tear down all other religions in their one-and-only pursuit. It is very polarizing. The most polarizing and apparently least tolerant state of the union.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 03:42PM

Alabama's unofficial motto is, "At least wer're not Mississippi".

But like in most catagories, the difference between the two states is almost nothing.

Yay, Alabama.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 04:23PM

Not that I'm saying the two are necessarily related, but MS is also the poorest state in the nation....with the highest rate of teen pregancy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2013 04:24PM by Itzpapalotl.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 10:32PM

Stupid people are more religious and reproduce more than average. For them math and science are "hard." Jesus is easy. And they have to have lots of children because they know damn well that many will wander into traffic or stare at the sun until blind. Some will die in drunken hunting accidents, and others will be incarcerated for long periods.

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 11:45PM

ONLY 58% of Mississippians are religious?

Where did they conduct this survey? Inner city Jackson?

Because I promise you, in most Mississippi towns, if you don't attend a church regularly, you are a complete social outcast.

You are actually known by the church you belong to.

That's just the way it is down in these parts.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 11:48PM

should I even respond? does it really matter? you are certainly entitled to your own opinions. I live in Mississippi. sure you had hoped I'd run off by now. was going to eventually respond to surrender dorothy but really texting it is too much. all I know is that I came to your fair site as a visitor from The South and am leaving promising to not trouble any of you kind folk any further. thank you for your hospitality.

Posted by: bob the barber ( )
Date: February 15, 2013 02:03AM

Currently live in one of the "Top 10" states. Some of the most unethical people I know claim to be the most religious. Overt claims of religiousity send alarm bells ringing.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: February 15, 2013 02:09AM

I didn't know anti-Mormon counted as a religion.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 15, 2013 02:10AM

Clearly, Utah isn't trying hard enough. They just need to lengthen their stride.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.