Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 21, 2013 05:34PM

Wonder what Mormons call them and at what age they are considered "leftovers?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21320560

The leftover A-quality women shouldn't have to marry the D-quality men. How about China endorsing multiple-husband polygamy for the A-quality to marry A-quality, B-quality to B-quality and so on?

Funny how with thousands of men to one woman of similar age which should be considered "leftover" aren't. It is always the women to be blamed. They are somehow "leftover."

Same thing for Mormon women - dearth of men and it is their fault for not finding the "right" one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: February 21, 2013 06:05PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonder what Mormons call them and at what age they
> are considered "leftovers?"
>
I'm in this category, according to Mormon folklore culture. We are called "sweet spirits." This status is accorded to us at the age of 21 in some Mo subcultures, while singlehood at 24 is acceptable in some urban areas. We are told, among other things, that we're:

too picky
too educated
boring
fat
too skinny
bad-tempered
mentally ill

We're promised, however, that we will be mated with a celestial priesthood holder in the eternities if we are completely perfect in this life. So we can look forward to that. Hooray.

A single, TBM woman I knew some years ago had two master's degrees, an awesome job, did volunteer work, worked out, had fun hobbies and lots of friends, but wasn't accepted in her ward because she had visible tattoos. She was asked in an RS training meeting what she did "as a single girl to fill her spare time." She replied, "I shoot heroin into my eyeballs and have sex with strangers." She went inactive a few months later; the condescending behavior of the ward had worn her down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.