Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:18PM

Since the beginning of the year I have received the news of someone passing away several times.

Here on our RfM there’s been jaredsotherbrother and xyz, two persons that I only knew in cyberspace but that I liked very much.

Then a friend of mine and my boss both loss their fathers which made me re-live the loss of both of my parents.

Then a boss I had not long ago that made me suffer horribly while she was here died of bone cancer and that brought back so many conflicting emotions.

Now I have just received news that a good friend of mine has just passed away.

I have known him only for the past year. He was doing an internship of one year in the institution where I work. But in just that space of time he had become a good friend.
He was young and full of life. He had great love for people, nature, beauty, art, the world. He made friends with all he met and when he was with you, you were the most important person in the whole world. When he left to go back home I thanked him for the person that he is and for how he made everyone around him feel special. He was rather surprised because for him that was just natural so I told him that not many people have such “a talent for life”. He was a beautiful person in all the sense of the world.

He went back home in February. A friend went to see him, they went on vacation. They decided to go for swim in the ocean and the waves took his life. Reanimation did not work.

I hurt so much for his mom and aunt, two great ladies that I had met because they came on vacation last summer to see him while he was here. After a year far away from them, he goes back home to be taken away from them again but this time for life.

It is so painful. The sadness that inhabits me seems to take all the space within.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jilly ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:38PM

I am so sorry. I recently learned that the sweetest, most decent, giving woman I know has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. I cried nearly non-stop for a week, worried about her daughters (who are very close to their mom). Along with other issues, I couldn't seem to shake a heavy depression.

My father called long distance, and without even saying hello, his first words were: "What's wrong?" I suppose my dark cloud has stretched across the continental US. As I was lamenting this sad tale and asking why God takes the kindest-hearted people, he replied that my grandmother used to say that God was BUILDING HIS ARMY. I paused and said, "Dad, that sounds like bullsh!t to me".

It's not fair. Death is horrible. I feel your pain.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:42PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

There seems to be a lot of death and pain going around lately.

Posted by: vulcanrider ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 01:31PM

Sorry for your loss quebec, and for the sad news Jilly. And you're right, fidget, there's a lot of loss going on lately. Found out that while I was having some surgery Tuesday that a friend that I know from our local hockey team passed after a 23 year old kid hit him while he was riding his motorcycle to work back in Feb. Not that we were much more than hockey fans, but Kevin was an awesome dude that literally everyone at the games knew, and now he's gone.

I know it ain't fair, but then again, there's only one thing positive about life...no one get's out alive.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 01:28PM

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's always sad when a young person dies, and shocking as well when it happens so suddenly. I hope you can find comfort among those you love and in the happy memories of the times you spent as friends.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 01:45PM

so sorry to hear of your loss, Quebec.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 01:58PM

Thanks to all of you.
Kindness helps alot when going through those kinds of moments.

I must admit that sparkyguru's posts about the great fridge does help too. It did get my heart to be a little lighter.
I love RfM so much!

Posted by: Goddess ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 02:57PM

I'm also very sorry for your loss. I do hope time brings you peace. Life is so unbelievably short and unpredictable.

I had a difficult time with death up until my grandfather's death 2 years ago. I decided to face that discomfort head-on and got involved with hospice soon after. I can't tell you how much peace that has brought me. My father died on January 20th and I've really focused on my gratitude for him as opposed to the devastation over his loss. It's been a beautiful experience.

That's not to say death isn't very painful and that grieving isn't necessary. I find unexpected deaths and those of younger people very difficult to face. It just hurts.

Again, I wish you and your friend's loved ones peace during this difficult time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 02:58PM by Goddess.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.