Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heynonny ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 03:49AM

When I was just a little child I was taught that all animals had spirits just like humans. I heard just yesterday that in the US over 180 million pigs were slaughtered last year. Now, just as there are only so many of gods spirit children made then will the spirits of animals run out some day? No more bacon? Wow, it's really late...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 04:11AM

When I was a boy I had a white rabbit. With wild impulsiveness, I named him Peter. He lived in the fenced backyard, we didn't have a hutch.

In his infinite wisdom, my dad put ant stakes in the yard to battle the insects. These stakes were laced with honey and cyanide. Of course Peter the rabbit was attracted to the honey, and...well.

I had a girlfriend who had a lucky rabbit's foot, and I told her, that right there, you know. That's a giveaway.

Posted by: psychobabble ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 04:53AM

Why stop at animals? Maybe the trees have spirits too. Maybe those will run out cuz we're cutting them all down like mad, then we won't have any more oxygen to breathe and that's how the world will end.

The hippies were right ... maybe THEY had the true church.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:11PM

If trees, then rocks, too. I wonder what a spirit rock looks like.

And all those resurrected animals! I hope God provides a big enough celestial zoo for them all.

Well, why not? He's God.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:02AM

In Mormon doctrine, all animals will be resurrected, including Peter.

Think about it! I did: http://packham.n4m.org/animals.htm "Animal Resurrection In the Teachings of Mormon Prophets"

Posted by: Heynonny ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:55PM

Thanks for your reply Richard. What started out as a late night rant has evolved into yet another nail into the coffin that is TSCC!

Posted by: blindmule ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:44AM

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:57AM

I was taught that EVERYTHING on this earth was created spiritually first. That everything on the earth had a spirit that would eventually be resurrected.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:00PM

According to the US Dept of Agriculture nearly 10 BILLION animals are raised and killed for food each year in the US alone

My daughter just posted this on facebook today. It is from a website Collective Evolution about factory farming

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:11PM

I know. I can feel it.

My mom she says that any creature that can give and receive love has a soul... maybe not just like a human bean, maybe a special kind. She also says if there ain't no animals in heaven she ain't going neither.

Posted by: davidlkent ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:01PM

Hey, what about affectionate bacteria? They keep the whole thing rolling, don't they? Are diseases resurrected? How about Hollywood actresses? And as per JS: "Hey, where are my wives?"

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:35PM

When I was an adult, I learned that the DNA in our bodies is typically about 90% foreign to our human DNA. We have far more bacteria and viral DNA (human microbiome) than Human DNA. However, they subtend far less volume than the cells of our human body. Therefore, I wonder whether our spirit (which looks just like our body according to Ether 3:16) is unrelated to our body's DNA...How, god, does this work out?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.