Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:23PM

Over the years I have heard the rumors that Thomas S. Monson was such an SOB to work for, his secretarys would quit on him.

A few days ago I was having a conversation with someone who had worked in the church office building for a number of years. They told me where they worked had a lot of corruption, back biting and brown nosing. She said COB was worse than many of the corporate environments she had worked in.

Anyways one of her co-workers took another job over in the administration building where the first presidency have their offices. She ended up working for Thomas S. Monson when he was first counselor in the first presidency. Assuming that working for the first presidency would be better people to work with than the church buerocrats at COB, she was asked if it was better over there.

No! Was the reply. She said you are expected to be perfect around Thomas S. Monson and unless you are, he let's you know about it. She said one time he reprimanded a person on his staff because his shoe laces were not tied neat enough. She said the man is impossible to please and is an egomaniac. It was pointed out the man you see at general conference is not the man you deal with in that office. He's horrible.

Me being in the peanut gallery and out of the church for awhile all I can say is I found "Let's Go Shopping!" during a time when many people were struggling and still are, a bit out of touch to say the least. If Jesus is suppossed to be the perfect example well I don't see Jesus wasting billions of dollars on a luxery shopping mall when so many people need help with medical bills and such things. Not people that need handouts and are lazy. People who got kicked in the teeth by a greedy system that frankly the church seems to be part of now. Monson seems to love money changing in the shadow of the temple. Maybe Jesus should come back and give Thomas S. Monson the beating he probably deserves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:42PM

I worked at the COB and the stories about Monson being an SOB are true. Working at the COB is the quickest way to lose your testimony even quicker than going on an LDS mission. One person
I knew at the COB who was a driver for the GAs, claimed to drive Monson around to pickup prostitutess so monson could have sex with while he drove the limo around town. I have no way too tell if there is any truthh to these stories. He could have just been trying to get even with Monson for his SOB behavior.

Posted by: Not A Monson Lover ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:50PM

Demon of Kolob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I worked at the COB and the stories about Monson
> being an SOB are true. Working at the COB is the
> quickest way to lose your testimony even quicker
> than going on an LDS mission. One person
> I knew at the COB who was a driver for the GAs,
> claimed to drive Monson around to pickup
> prostitutess so monson could have sex with while
> he drove the limo around town. I have no way too
> tell if there is any truthh to these stories. He
> could have just been trying to get even with
> Monson for his SOB behavior.

Come on...Really? Am I the only one that calls Bull Shit on this accusation? Prostitutes? I have no love for Monson...but this is just beyond the pale.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:56PM

It sounded like Monson was much like the politician who knew his base were a bunch of idiots and because they were idiots deserved to be treated as such. Maybe the church members should praise the person because they deserved to be praised than just blindly praising the office.

This is the brilliance of the mormon system. Them members are conditioned to praise the office period. You can put anyone into that office. When that person understands that then why not be hell on wheels behind the scenes.

It seems like Gordon B. Hinckley was out knocking himself silly building a legacy to himself. Monson just seems to be enjoying the perks of office. He does the bare minimum. I know he used to enjoy hunting on the church's private game reserve when he still go do that sort of thing. If a member wanted to hunt there it was $5,000. Most members don't even know the church owns and runs such things. What other luxerys don't they know about?

Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:23PM

Where is the church's private game reserve?

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:32PM

The game reserves (plural) have been discussed here before. I remember seeing online property records of one in Florida not too long ago, and another out west. There are more than two. Some seniors and younger members of the LDS church do missions there. Some members are volunteers there, working for free for the church but doing so for paying, non member clients.

I'll find the info for you post here later.

Non profit church, my a$$.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:35PM

Partial list of companies lds inc owns, from this very site.

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon410.htm

Posted by: exmission ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:19PM

he has such a vibrant personality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LeM7qCD8lU

at 1:01 is priceless

Posted by: davidlkent ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:24PM

Now listen, Monson is just trying to reform those fallen ladies. Other evangelists do it all the time, and sometimes get caught. And listen further: What's the only thing standing between His Prophetness and Packer? MONSON! That's job security.

Posted by: anon for this ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:38PM

I'm a semi-regular poster here and my mother worked with Mr. Monson waaay back in the day when he was with "the phone company" (Mountain Bell/AT&T) and she was a young, lowly secretary. She said he was mean and frightening and that every time he went through the office people would stop their conversations and cower in fear that they would be the next one to be yelled at. When I was growing in up the 80s and 90s she'd say he was a mean, scary man and express concerns that she would be surprised were he ever to be prophet.

I asked her very politely about that after Hinckley's death and she grimaced and said "Well, I suppose he's changed." Sigh.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.