Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warrior Princess ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 01:34PM

I'm wondering why suddenly several people in my distant family, who are mo's, have been ignoring me...no response on facebook, messages, emails...etc. I'm wondering if they have figured out that I am evil. I have posted comments on other fb walls that may have shown my lack of belief or my newly aquired coffee drinking :-O which of course is the ROOT of ALL EVIL! lol

It's very discouraging to me to see this response. What is wrong with people. They can know someone an entire lifetime. They can know that you are a genuine and good person. But, give them one glimpse that you may not want to follow a cult and pffttt they are gone! Amazing disappearing act! The lack of true caring is so in your face when you try to abandon ship!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 16, 2013 01:36PM

One of them told me several months ago that they were talking (gossiping) and saying that they hope I hadn't been one over by satan or lost to the "dark side." Sounds rather like "Darth Vader" come to steal my soul! Good grief!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 01:39PM

They hope you'll miss mormon interaction enough to force you back to church.

Date: March 16, 2013 01:40PM

It makes me think that mormonism develops very shallow people who really are not able to love deeply. They are able to just dump family, mates, etc. Unbelievable! But, of course, they are taught that they must sacrifice all for God! And that includes anyone who doesn't agree with their beliefs.

Date: March 16, 2013 01:41PM

And it's now working. I don't miss mormon interaction. I miss the normal life I was never raised in. lol

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 01:48PM

Mormons who shun don't deserve our attention and friendship.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 01:49PM

he's pretty chill, and can always find the good mofungo houses.

Really, unless you're a Cubs fan, there's no reason to be afraid of him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 02:07PM by scooter.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 02:04PM

Do they really see all non-Mormons as being in the grip of Satan?

Posted by: memyself ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 02:45PM

Yes they actually do!..They are trained to believe that!!...LDS Inc has done a great job at brainwashing these ppl. Once you start becoming inactive they come out of the woodwork with their fake phony bs...You try and be polite...afraid to reign because the bishop will come banging on your door...If you say you just do not believe, they say satan is responsible for that!...I WAS a convert for just 2 yrs...I pity these ppl born into this cult. I thought I had made friends..but not true..they now only try to harass me to come back..LOL, I dont care because I really dont want to be friends with people so gullible, nosy,judgmental..oh the list just goes on and on

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 11:00PM

of stan when she found out I no longer believe. I told her to take a step back and re-think who she was talking to.

She used to lean heavily on me for my testimony.

She and I are still friends. I do believe she still hopes I'll change my mind, but she said she would never allow this to come between us.

But it really shocked me coming from her. She is one of the sweetest people I know. She also "needs" the LDS church--so I don't try to convince her otherwise--meaning it might destroy her to not believe.

P.S. Ignore them, too. The best approach I've usually found is to just go silent on them. You may be noticing it now. They'll notice it, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2013 11:01PM by cl2.

Posted by: memyself ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 11:57AM

I agree totally and it is just too shocking for my friend as well...so I have just gone silent..sad because I feel we aren't real friends...and I know they have their stupid presidency meetings about myself and DD...uugg

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 10:55PM

If you aren't getting any answers, check your.privacy settings. Some how mine got changed so that I was the only one who could see my posts. I don't know how it happened,but it did.

Posted by: sstone ( )
Date: March 16, 2013 11:17PM

I try and picture the tape recorders in their heads when they say stupid stuff that's obviously just been programmed in since they were small. I believed that stuff once, and so I try not to take it personally. Doesn't always work, though.

(((hugs Warrior Princess)))

Posted by: sparkyguru ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 12:05PM

I have decided, it is an automatic response, they have to ignore you lest they get sullied by you beliefs and they to lose their faith.

besides with a name like warrior, I bet you are outspoken, and outspoken contradiction, that is terrifying to the chapel mormon.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 01:57PM

I think there are many people here who would love for their family to ignore them. So maybe someone else's wish went awry and landed on you instead.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 02:23PM

UNconditional Love: What they preach...

CONDitional Love: What they practice...

It's in the DNA of 99% of Morgbots

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.