Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 01:17PM

My brother got sexually abused by a high priest when he was 13 years old. They went camping with some young men and the high priest played with his genital till orgasm. Well my brothet told me last year about it it happend 17 years ago in Germany. I live in the USA. I called the bishop in Germany and the bishop talked to the high priest. The high priest admitted that he had a problem in this area but said that he had repented and that he went to therapy for it about 10 years ago. Both the bishop and stake president both agreed to not tell the wife about it because he has repented of his sin. No annotation has been done. I send the Europe Area Presidency an e-mail with my concern that the high priest has no annotation and is working with youth at the moment the German Scouts nothing to do with church. I called the German scouts and they talked to our high priest he admitted it and got kicked out of Scouts. Well church is still dragging their feet they have sent this high priest to a different ward because my mom goes into the same ward as him and didn't want to see him every Sunday. The german stake President said that "they agreed upon the tern help to self gratifictaion". Hmm after my e-mail to the Europe Area Presidency on a Saturday they talked to that Stake Prasident the next day and he changed his tune a bit.
How can I see if our high priest got an annotation? I know of 3 other young men who like my brother got sexually abused by him. Sorry to write about such nastyness but I don't know what to do and I am worried he will keep doing it. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 01:35PM

Sorry to hear that happened to him. Being so long ago and in another country, I don't know what actions are options for you.

"He repented and won't do it again" is BS.

Is it possible to report this to German authorities? The church should not be trying to handle that guy and hide this.

Sigh, but we know churches like to keep it to themselves.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 01:56PM

Write the press and document your claims.

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 02:09PM

In Germany when you turn 18 you have 5 years to report it after that he can't be sued anymore. So my brother can't sue him.
My mom is a TBM maried to a never mormon who wants the church to look good she knew is several months before me what has happend to her son my brother and she didn't say anything beause she didn't want to rock the boat.
So if I would go to the press my mom would flipp plus my brother says he actually has no bad feelings for this guy and the only reason why he is telling me about is it because he wanted to make me think about what I truleu believe.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 02:43PM

subeam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> the church to look good she knew is several months
> before me what has happend to her son my brother
> and she didn't say anything beause she didn't want
> to rock the boat.
> So if I would go to the press my mom would flipp
> plus my brother says he actually has no bad
> feelings for this guy and the only reason why he
> is telling me about is it because he wanted to
> make me think about what I truleu believe.

This guy needs to pay a price in some way. Let your mother flip. She should have been honest with her husband about her cult. The truth needs to come out. Pedophiles never change. They just abstain or they continue harming other children. Whether your brother has bad feelings or not is irrelevant. The perp has committed a crime with impunity from the law, his wife and the cult.

The cult needs to pay a price for not acting properly with this deviant and not do the same in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 02:44PM by No Mo.

Posted by: slimchance ( )
Date: March 17, 2013 03:42PM

I don't know what options are available to you but don't feel like you need to forgive this pervert. He is a multiple offender and his so-called repentance witht the church will not prevent him from doing it again.

Sorry you have to deal with this. Good luck.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.