Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elciz ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 03:01PM

OK, I have a confession. I still have to go to church. I still have a calling, with my wife in primary. The kids are adorable! But there is one odd thing in the opening exercises. Week after week there is this one teacher (she is a young adult about 20, unmarried) and she wears these short skirts that are above the mid-point on her gorgeous thighs and then she also wears long go-go boots. Wears the same outfit every week or a variation on it.

I swear she stares at me! I'm probably just imagining it, but I find myself accidentally drawn to the short skirt, and, well,...

Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind the scenery. I just find it odd she can do it week after week. I'd think the attire police would say something to her...

Ahhh.....going to church, every so often, has it's positives (not often, I'll take it when it comes!)...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 03:20PM

See,, there are some good reasons to go mormon gatherings,,

Posted by: davidlkent ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 03:22PM

Talk with your wife about it. After she gives you the Look That Kills, you might just end up with the hottest session you have had in months. Of course this teacher is staring at you; try reading her mind: "Why is this dork staring at my crotch--the jerk is married, fer gossake!"

Date: March 18, 2013 03:27PM

For an old guy like me, this is as good as it gets! OK, another confession, I don't understand women. So why is this gal dressing like that in Primary? I'm all for it, but it does seem, so, well, un-Mormon like...

Posted by: davidlkent ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 03:38PM

Could be they're hand-me-downs from her mother, the only outfit she's got?

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 03:51PM

You don't understand women? You know who understands women? Other women. And they hate each other!

Date: March 18, 2013 03:33PM

At least I know now how I am going to die, this would be the "truthful obituary" for me:

"L. $%^&& $%s&*y died this last Sunday during his ward's primary opening exercices from a sudden drop of blood pressure to the head, which also dropped in the left ventricle as well. Blood pooled in Mr. $%^&&'s nether region. CPR attempts were futile, though his last words and facial expressions seemed to indicate he was receiving a vision of heaven just before leaving this realm of tears..."

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 03:35PM

She could be glancing at you, wondering why the old creepy dude keeps staring at her.

Sad thing is, she enjoys dressing sexy, and will probably soon be married to some guy who enjoyed seeing her dress sexy, but will then be sentenced to a life of garments, and no longer dressing as sexy for either of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 03:36PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: Hugh Janus ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 11:50AM

never to dress sexy again.

Posted by: cajunruby ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 04:15PM

She is dressing like that while she still can! Maybe trying to get the attention of a single man? Isnt 20 bordering on old maid?

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 05:33PM

She's probably telling her friends about the married guy that keeps staring at her. Most likely she doesn't like it.

She's not dressing that way for you. She wears that week after week because it's probably the only dress she has. Trust me, it has nothing to do with you.

Hate to burst your bubble, but she's probably not got a single thought in her head about you. She's in primary because they asked her to be there. She's obviously not there looking for a man. There are way better places to go for that. Put your eyes back in their sockets and pay attention to the woman you're married to.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 05:49PM

If you think she's staring at you, she is. I'm sure she's attracted to you - it sounds like you're sensing that. This is one instance where you can trust what you're feeling. Now, is she continuing to wear the short skirt for you? Probably. Because let's face it, if she wasn't enjoying you staring at her, she'd stop with the short skirt.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 03:38AM

Seriously? She's dressing "that way" just for him? Just. For. HIM? The 20-year old, attractive, young woman is dressing "that way" to get the attention of the old, married dude? Maybe on Planet Narcissus.

Good Lord. There could be dozens of reasons she's dressing "that way." Maybe it's the closest thing she has to "Sunday best." Maybe she feels attractive in it. Maybe there's a young man in the ward she's attracted to and she doesn't realize she needs to change her clothes for Primary so the bored geezer can keep his eyeballs in his head. I seriously doubt she's making what-do-I-wear decisions with him in-mind.

Women are not *required* to dress a certain way to accommodate men's issues, desires, or inability to control their thoughts or eyeballs. It would be perfectly fine, imo, for him to enjoy her attractiveness without leering and without making his wife or the young woman feel disrespected.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 05:54AM

.++ thank you!!!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 07:31AM

That's right. She is dressed that way for me, in the hopes that even though I don't live anywhere near Utah, I will show up and walk right into that primary class, and notice her great legs, before risking her away to a life of debauchery and sin. I base this on my theory that every woman in the universe, is somewhat aware of my existence, and wants me badly, even though they may not realize it.

Date: March 19, 2013 08:55AM

Okay, THAT, I might believe. ;D

Date: March 19, 2013 09:24AM

Are you kidding? Have some people here been living under a rock?

Did you know people are attracted to each other. Sometimes with huge age differences. Oh, and being married doesn't seem to work against a person. There are all degrees of flirting and attraction out there in the world. I'm of the opinion that you can enjoy it.

So is outlandish to think that a young girl at a church is attracted to a somewhat older boy? It seems like there are some folks here who don't like the idea of that. Or maybe don't like hearing a married guy talk about it.

Of course it's possible she is not attracted to him, but, then again maybe she doesn't want to marry him but she likes his energy. I mean, reading his posts above, it sounds like he's putting out some energy.

By the way ladies, if this thread tells you one thing, its how much joy you can bring to a man's world with just a smile and a short skirt.

Date: March 19, 2013 10:32AM

Were YOU hit in the head with a rock? Or maybe dropped on your head as a baby?

My comments are directed at your *absolutes*! You did not indicate possibility but surety. You are giving him bad information. If you were speaking in possibilities, my comments--if I had any--would have been different.

"If you think she's staring at you, she is."
Did you read "The Secret" or something? If he thinks it, it is so. Jeezus. Maybe she's staring at him, maybe she's not. If she was staring at him, it *could* be because she's creeped out. It's not necessarily a good thing, as you are assuring him.

"I'm sure she's attracted to you - it sounds like you're sensing that."
YOU are SURE of it, eh?

"This is one instance where you can trust what you're feeling."
Get fvc%ing serious. The dude is not thinking with his big head. Even if he was, those feelings would not necessarily be a trustworthy indicator, but when a dude is thinking with his @!(%, the odds go way down (ironic, ain't it?) that he's getting 100% trustworthy signals.

"Because let's face it, if she wasn't enjoying you staring at her, she'd stop with the short skirt."
Yeah, wimmenz should be making clothing choices based on the stares of random men with whom they have no relationship. She can wear what she wants. HE is responsible for his staring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 10:36AM by Surrender Dorothy.

Date: March 19, 2013 11:11AM

I hope you and fidget feel good that you've crushed the little bit of joy the poster gets from church. Dropped on my head? Try drop kicked into an ore pit.

Nonetheless, I encourage the poster to enjoy this bit of attention, real or imagined.

We had a young lady who wore short skirts around the office. Not only did some of the men think it was directed at them, but their spouses did too. And the ladies in the office, some of whom showed up with holes in their jeans, were demanding an appropriate dress code. I couldn't figure out if the men enjoyed it as much as the women hated it.

But I do like you giving me a hard time because you really are correct in your assessment of me. You gave me a good laugh at myself.

I surrender Dorothy!

Date: March 19, 2013 11:36AM

Again, I have to ask, "Seriously?" We crushed his joy? I think he's gonna be just fine.

I fully support people enjoying attention. As I stated in my first reply to you, I think it's fine for men to appreciate women they find attractive. I know I appreciate men I find attractive.

What I am not on-board with is the perpetuation of harmful mindsets. If I remember correctly (and it's possible I do not), you are a nevermo. The perpetuation of women's clothing choices being responsible for men's thoughts and behavior is a deeply-held TSCC mindfV(%, especially for the young women. Harmful object lessons that feature licked cupcakes, chewed gum, and discarded candy wrappers are the norm for YW. If you are a nevermo or even if you are an exMo dude, you may not realize how your post was perpetuating that BS, even if it wasn't your intention. It may seem harmless to you, but there are women here who were harmed by those stereotypes.

If you want to turn that into "we crushed his joy" diatribe, have at it. You do seem to enjoy running far afield with comments and imbuing them with all kinds of uhm, well, interesting meaning, however, making yourself a martyr is a bit dramatic.

p.s. to the OP: I do not think your post was perpetuating those stereotypes, and that is why my replies were not to your post, but to the reply of "thingsithink."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 11:39AM by Surrender Dorothy.

Date: March 19, 2013 11:43AM

I never realized a few ++'s from me could crush someone's joy. I need to be careful where I throw those things ;)

Date: March 19, 2013 11:51AM

Haha! I will now think of you as Ninja-Fidget who wields lethal shuriken + +'s.

Date: March 19, 2013 01:40PM

Yes, I was joking about crushing his joy. Yes, I am a nevermo. Yes, I still have no idea how my comment was perpetuating a stereotype. I'm not saying it wasn't, but I just don't see it. And the fact that I'm saying I don't see it really doesn't mean I'm asserting you are wrong.

Martyr? I'm not sure how. By saying I was drop-kicked into an ore pit? If that's the comment that inspired the martyr reference, I was really just acknowledging that I was dropped on my head - you know, I misunderstand, misperceive, and so on.

As far as my comments in general going far afield and containing some odd "meaning" I'm not sure what you're talking about. But, I'd like to hear more and take a look at what I've said. You may be onto something. Can you share something with me and give me something to think about?

I guess my surrender lacked some authenticity. But, given my general sarcasm, which is never accompanied by an internet wink, I can understand.

Date: March 19, 2013 10:40AM

Also OP said himself that he not sure that she is even staring at him. It could be a hallucination of his little head.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 12:11PM

I love men. They are so silly. It is unlikely a 20 year old girl who teaches primary is hot for you and that's why she wears short skirts. She probably thinks she looks nice in them. She isn't soliciting for married male guests.
I experienced this kind of thing as a young adult as I am sure many women on here have: men who forget what they were in the middle of saying when they speak with you, or their lip twitching (seen that) and at 17 an old dude actually thinking I was attracted to him (in his 40's!).
If she is attracted to you then I eat my words but not likely. She's just walking around being beautiful and smiling. But you can dream. And if your dream comes true be careful what you wish for!
Crushing your joy. HA HA !!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 12:16PM by suckafoo.

Posted by: oxymormon ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 10:01PM

perhaps she's campaining to be wife #2?

Posted by: Sunday School Sally ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 01:57AM

OMG. I am a 20 year old Mormon girl who teaches Sunday School, but I don't really believe any more. I wear short skirts and high boots, but nobody says anything. One old guy who teaches Sunday School keeps staring at my legs and he doesn't think I notice. Turning him on is the only fun I have a church. In fact, I only go to turn on the old Mormon guys.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:10AM

if I was forced to attend church I would whore it up good!

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:49AM

think brother, think.

what would our beloved prophet joseph smith do?

Posted by: psychobabble ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:52AM

+10000000

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 04:09AM

Where is this ward may I ask? I was one of two youth for a while, and then there was a 50 year age gap between the masses.. Nothing to look at, nothing to do.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 05:51AM

It might be the only skirt (and halfway acceptable shoe wear) that she has. And young women, given a choice about it, tend to gravitate to short skirts. She feels young, carefree, and sexy. I guess the church hasn't burned that out of her yet.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 09:21AM

I think it's likely one of these, or could be a bit of both.

I left for good at 18, and toward the end of my regular church attendance my attire was more sexy than sacred. I was young, cute and for various reasons (insecurity, inexperience, excitement) frankly enjoyed male attention, young and old...so long as it didn't go beyond getting noticed by the older men, tbh.

I was a teenager, and as many can attest having the ability to turn heads is powerful stuff no matter what one's religion. And 20 isn't that far out of one's teens.

But absolutely this could be her only outfit for church. Before I got a part time job, the 'good' outfit I'd wear to church was recycled through several seasons, even if it meant I was freezing in December wearing the outfit I wore for spring GC.

As for whether she enjoys/wants the attention from OP, it's impossible to tell. She's young, so based upon my history I can't imagine it's not a little bit flattering. Nothing wrong with appreciating the scenery, IMO, as long as the stolen glances aren't embarrassingly prolonged and obvious (ie, intrusive).

Posted by: MLS ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 07:27AM

Don't think your wife doesn't know what you're doing, especially when you're asking for "naptime" after church. But she tolerates it because she's being "entertained" as well. Look around for a week or two. See how you feel then.

Date: March 19, 2013 10:48AM

I'm under no illusion she even notices me. Usually if some good looking girl walks by or bends over and you see too much, I notice and the girl turns around and glares at me. I swear I have terrible luck when in comes to innocent glances in the wrong direction! I've settled into my perceived role as a dirty old man !

Posted by: realist ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 10:59AM

Ahhhhh, nothing better than the unexpected "upskirt" at church, but elciz, you need to perfect the art of looking without looking. And then once you reach a certain age you just don't care if you get caught.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 12:35PM

News Flash: Short skirts and tall boots are in style right now.

This thread makes me feel so dirty and filthy, I feel like I should start wearing a burka. I can't believe how despicable some of these slut-shaming posts are.

Here's another news flash for some of you antiquated dinosaurs:

WOMEN ARE NOT ON THIS PLANET FOR YOUR VISUAL EDIFICATION.

Got it? We are not walking around in clothing we find stylish or flattering or comfortable for your pleasure, or for your displeasure. It is not our job to give you visual eye candy; we do not consider these things while dressing in the morning.

You wanna know what I'm thinking about when I get dressed in the morning? Will it be hot out or rainy today? If it's rainy, then the AC will still be on and if my ankles are bare, my feet will get cold. So I'll wear tights or boots or something that allows me to wear socks. If it's going to be hot out, I might * gasp * wear a sleeveless dress or top. I might even wear a short skirt because I am not allowed to wear shorts to the office but a short skirt is just like the same thing. Cool, comfortable, allows my junk to breathe.

What? You thought I was thinking of my male office mate while choosing what to wear? Not hardly. He's married to a gorgeous smart woman whom he ADORES and is madly in love with. They rescue dogs together; cutest couple ever.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.