Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave ( )
Date: March 30, 2013 10:16PM

Hi Guys,
A few years ago somebody told me a really funny name for the Testimony meeting. " ____ and Cry" (just 1/2 a guess) - I can't for the life of me remember what it was, but really want to use it in an email to my dad.
Please help.
Dave x

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: yorkie ( )
Date: March 30, 2013 10:21PM

Would it be "Starve and Cry"?

Posted by: Dave ( )
Date: March 30, 2013 10:24PM

That was it... Thank You.

Posted by: u4ia ( )
Date: March 30, 2013 10:36PM

I like Testiphony meeting

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: March 30, 2013 11:40PM

Someone on here once called it open mike sunday which is by far my favorit so far.

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: March 30, 2013 11:55PM

I would say it's more like Lie and Cry.

Posted by: tightuntoadish ( )
Date: March 31, 2013 12:35AM

For those of you who watched "Seinfeld," I liked calling Fast & Testimony Meeting, "Festivus." Every time somebody would cry, I would say to myself "Another Festivus MIRACLE!"

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: March 31, 2013 12:43AM

A cute story...

My oldest daughter had a habit of coming up with the funniest sayings when she was young. She used to call fast Sunday "Quick Sunday" cause she wanted it to be over quick so she could go home and have lunch.

I've heard it called Fast and Cry-amony, Testimonkey meeting and Testimony Travelogue because so many get up and tell you what happened to them that week.

Posted by: jbug ( )
Date: March 31, 2013 12:58AM

I call it "starvin' Sunday"...my TBM husband just LOVES it when I call it that....NOT!

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: March 31, 2013 02:26AM

Gawwwd....I can't for the life of me sit through a testimony meeting without flipping through a book or something.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 31, 2013 03:04AM

Nooks and Kindles and such.

I would have loved to sit in the back row corner and read something interesting during Sunday School and RS. Not sure if you can get away with it in SM.

We used to sit near the front, and the kids who handed out the Sacrament would watch me for signs I was bored or sleepy - not hard to do - and either grin and elbow each other, or wink at me - something to keep me awake. I didn't mind this; I thought it was kind of cute, and it helped to alleviate the boredom - but three hours of that endless drivel. . .I SO don't miss it!

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: March 31, 2013 06:47AM

Personally, reading a book is easier in sacrament meetings than in P-hood meetings.

If I get to the chapel quick enough for the sacrament meeting, I'll get a corner, where I have only one person sitting next to me.

In p-hood meetings and Sunday school? Not so much. IN both cases, people always have to sit in a not-go-large classroom and the ones that sit next to you - closely next to you on both sides - are always peeking at what you are reading.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.