Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 11:09PM

She was great, holding down the fort as the only female in the panel. Wow, I've never seen her before but, she could be my twin --in the facial features.

She was 'the girl in green, dancing queen, yeah the girl in green!" So well spoken and I like that I agreed with her on many points.

Check out the show if you haven't yet, it was some really good sparring going on and Abby came out of it with grace and I don't think she said anything to which I would disagree.

There was also this huge debate about climate change. They had this other guest, the youngest he's ever had on the show, a strapping young (19 yo) man who is working with scientists to further science education in our country. The conversation devolved into a climate change debate, and I had to pop some pop corn. This adorable young man (and I mean adorable -- I was feeling cougary), embarrassed the guest who was still trying to debate the validity of the issue.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 11:47PM by FormerLatterClimber.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: April 05, 2013 11:50PM

FormerLatterClimber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She was great, holding down the fort as the only
> female in the panel. Wow, I've never seen her
> before but, she could be my twin. She was 'the
>

If you haven't seen her before, check out Huffington Post webcasts. She seems to be always going sleeveless, as if to flaunt the fact that she is NOT wearing magic underwear. Google her in Google Images. Most photos are in sleeveless, short dresses. She was married by in protestant priest in the National Cathedral.

Jon Huntsman would ditch the Moism, I believe, if not out of respect for his father.

Date: April 06, 2013 12:26AM

Thanks, I'll definitely will check out her podcasts.

Yeah I love Jon huntsman too. He's married to a Catholic. And I don't think he even goes to tscc. I think he's proud of his Mormonism heritage, because like you said, he loves his father.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 01:44AM

FormerLatterClimber Wrote:
> He's married to a
> Catholic. And I don't think he even goes to tscc.

His wife was raised Episcopalian, I believe, and probably converted to Moism in order to marry a Huntsman.

Date: April 06, 2013 02:11AM

Interesting. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong. You know how they put up a candidate's stats during primaries? I remember it saying she was Catholic. Anyway, so do you think they are even active? I got the impression not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2013 02:12AM by FormerLatterClimber.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 01:11AM

If anyone thinks that Huntsman runs his business in a "Christlike" way and have above-average integrity, they need to think again.

Didn't someone post a threat about Huntsman letting the Pres. of TSCC use his personal airplane or jet? Isn't that telling enough?

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 01:12AM

Don't confuse Sr. and Jr.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 01:32AM

jacob Wrote:
> Don't confuse Sr. and Jr.

Yes, it's Sr. who let the Pres. of TSCC use his private jet.

But a missionary who I worked with and whose father worked under Jr. definitely would not vouch for Jr.'s integrity, either.

Date: April 06, 2013 01:15AM

I'm not sure about him "running a business in a Christlike manner." Do you have more info about that?
And I missed the thread about giving the Pres of tscc a lift on his plane, but I see him as very diplomatic...hmmm maybe just more diplomacy?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 06, 2013 10:58AM

And his jacket sleeves were 4 inches too long. What's up with that? I give him major props for going after the Louisiana state government for their anti-science laws. He also did a nice job of putting that motormouth cretin Steve Moore in his place. I about fell out of my chair when Moore, the second or third time started a long, scientifically clueless rant, opened it with "I'm not a scientist, but...". The teen guest quipped "we've already established that." Priceless!

Abby's comments never quit seemed to be on point. She didn't say anything egregiously stupid, just not much that made me think "good point!"

Bernie Sanders wasn't so much stupid as astonishingly rude, continually sticking his hand in Huntsman's face while gesticulating at Moore. Moore was somewhat less rude and quite e bit more stupid (not a scientist, indeed!), so I thought he and Sanders were both a waste of air time. Maher would have been better with with just his two under-thirty guests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2013 10:58AM by Brother Of Jerry.

Date: April 06, 2013 11:31AM

LOL! Yep that's the one! I guess I have a weakness for the
science-y types. Geek is en Vogue, ya know.

"Bernie Sanders wasn't so much stupid as astonishingly rude....Moore was somewhat less rude and more stupid."

Couldn't have put that better myself! Bernie is losing his spatial awareness or something. The pointing and putting his hands right in Abby's personal space -- she was very poised. I liked how she just kept pushing his hand out of her face.

The one thing that caught me was, um, I had no idea so many people believed in Big Foot! LOL!

Date: April 06, 2013 12:55PM

Hi jl,

Thanks for the link. This was a great article and I gained some perspective as to why Jr's campaign never took off like I felt it should. Sr was a buttinsky!

And I see how it would seem at first that Sr's donations were"Christlike," yet after some reading, I see how he is really a volatile kind of guy -- a bully! And hanging out with Glen Beck, well that says it all LOL!

Too bad, Jr seems like a really nice person who could've been more successful in his political endeavors had his father not butted in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2013 12:56PM by FormerLatterClimber.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.