Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 06:31PM

Is it time to sell the big house and move close to all the things you love to do? Enjoy carefree living at City Creek. Drive Less! Live More!

Ok let's see - all the things I love to do - hmmm - eat at the Lion House and Joseph Smith Building, check my accounts across the street at Zions Bank, visit the Geneology Library, the History Museum, the History Library, hang with the sistas in Young Woman/Relief Society Offices, dine with the 15 in the COB cafeteria, catch a few gigs in the Conference Center, leave flowers at the Brigham Young Family Cemetary, chat with the sista mishies on Temple Square, and shop till I drop at City Creek. Wow - what a life! And to think that a non-mormon or an ex-mormon could have all this right along with the TBMs - just overwhelming!

The number to the real estate office is a church switchboard number 801.240.8600.

http://e2.ma/message/tpfdc/5iairf

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 06:36PM

I think the Big 15 actually dine at Joseph Smith Memorial Building (formerly the Hotel Utah). At least I saw them there once, all gathered in a banquet room on the second floor. But these days maybe they just have an IV drip at their desks.

Posted by: sistersalamander ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 06:38PM

Great!

Gonna move in there with my polyamorous group marriage partners so we can be centrally located to sell all the pot we raise in the spare bedroom, find participants for our all-night beer pong parties, have friends over for noisy drumming rituals at three AM on full-moon nights, give away free tattoos to promote our body art salon, and start a garage band in the parking terrace.

Let the good times roll!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 06:45PM

It would be very funny if most of the condos were bought up by the type of gentile riffraff the brethren were trying to protect the forbidden city from. Men with facial hair, women with exposed shoulders, people who drink coffee and alcohol, who have sex with the lights on, in the windows overlooking the magic castle.

Posted by: Good Witch ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 06:44PM

I wonder if when you buy/rent, you have to sign a contract that says you won't smoke or drink liquor in your now home.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 08:04PM

can you imagine burning sage? That would be enough for me to look elsewhere.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 07:52PM

No chance. My parents went to look at them last summer when they were in Salt Lake on vacation and were told they don't allow pets. My nevermo dad would never have bought one but my TBM mom would never have wanted to live without pets so for once, they agreed on something.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 08:07PM

You can't own one of those condos in the normal sense. It's a 99 year lease arrangement. TSCC takes it back and always owns it.

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 08:13PM

So I am guessing its BYU housing rules. No single people of the opposite sex past the living room, all that jazz? And I bet there is a hotline for your neighbors to call to rat you out, plus if you break thye honor code, you have to pay for the rest of the 99 years but can't live there.

What a deal!

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 08:25PM

I can't believe how much they want for them.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 09:46PM

I get the feeling they aren't selling as fast as they expected.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 12:41AM

Randomly clicking on buildings and floor plans, it looks like only about half the condos are sold. Some floors are almost completely sold, others are completely empty, most are half sold, half for sale. Also, maybe I'm not up on the latest in interior design but all those dark cabinets and floors in such small living spaces made the atmosphere seem very gloomy and cramped. Maybe they'd look less claustrophobic in real life. And the lobbies looked like the lobby in the temple - that would put me off before I even got off the ground floor.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 01:00AM

Somebody should call the realestate company and asked if is okay to drink vodka in you condo, have a girlfriend in your condo past 10PM and play with a Ouija board there. take note the reaction of the person answering the phone.

You're asking because all of your Pre paid Legal colleagues live in Utah, and you need to move to be closer to them.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 02:52AM

Do the condos have formaldehyde on tap for the living dead who want to live at deadshit ground zero?

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 05:33AM

"CITY CREEK IS WHERE PEOPLE WANT TO BE!
Read about how City Creek is reshaping downtown as it celebrates its first anniversary!"

If City Creek is where people want to be, how come they still have so many vacant properties....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.