Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 04:11PM

***Picture of a newborn baby***

Morgbot's comment: "This is Tender"

I just about threw up a big steamy meal directly on my keyboard.

Why is it that Mormons have to use the word tender in such a ridiculous way?

The only things that need to be tender are my steaks, my financial offers on land, and my buddy's date finder app (Tinder).

Why must they go and make it sound so awkward?

That and the word 'even!' Gordon B. Stinkley uses the phrase "even the Lord Cheeze and Rice amen" and the next thing you know people are working the word 'even' into every prayer, talk, musical number, daily conversation and AIM instant message (at the time) they can! Does saying what he says make them more holy?

Tender is one of those words that one of the Primary presidency ladies said during conference while all of the men were asleep once and everyone felt the need to emulate.

"The hearts of the children are tender." What? I've never heard someone use so many words to actually say nothing. Now, worse, I have to see TSCC members all over Facebook throwing the word 'tender' around like they're talking about a juicy T-bone.

GROSS. Tender is a gross word when used out of context. So is moist. So few things are truly moist. Unless you attach towellete to the end of that moist, you're grossing me out.

The vocabulary culture of the church is ridiculous. If Dieter gets up there one year and says, I testify that the Lord works through our buttholes to get to our hearts, I guarantee the next FaT meeting someone will testify that their buttholes have been tingling and someone will pray for the Lord to touch their buttholes.

I wish I could become a GA just so I could influence the lexicon of a mass amount of sheeple.

I testify to you that my butthole is tender in the name of our Lord and Savior, Even the Lord Joseph Smith, Amen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 04:20PM by mondaymorning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 04:13PM

I haven't heard tender that much but I do hate moist/moisture and "nourish and strengthen our bodies."

Posted by: summer kites ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 09:30AM

As a nevermo married to a mormon with a tbm family, I don't like that one either. "Nourish and strengthen". It especially sounds weird to me when they say over a dinner that is less than healthy like pizza.

I also hate the word tender. It reminds me of a piece of meat.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 10:09AM

Though I've known some people with synesthesia who don't like certain words, I've noticed a lot of women who aren't fond of that word, and just refer to it as the "m-word."

It makes me wonder how prevalent it is.

Posted by: PinkPoodle ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 04:19PM

"Tender mercies"- heard that one all the time at church!

Posted by: davidlkent ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 04:22PM

Gag. Think I need a bar tender. And just how do the RS Morgbots know "babies' hearts" are tender? This wouldn't happen to refer to certain horror movies, would it?

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 04:57PM

Great post. Every closed society/cult has their own lexicon. LDS Inc is particularly annoying because the body of the church is so eager to please the dear leader, they mimic every little thing.

Posted by: alphonso ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 05:04PM

How about "double portion" a while back people used to pray for a double portion of the blessings.

or
shut the front door
fetch
schneike

i'm sure there's more.

Posted by: me. ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 05:16PM

Mormons love legal Tender aka money

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 10:38PM

Just what I was thinking!

Posted by: sistersalamander ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 06:33PM

It'd be interesting to see how much of that Mo-lexicon originated in the nineteenth century speeches and writings of prominent Mormons.

I think it persists because they don't really value literacy and language skills.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 06:35PM

"We're so very grateful for thy bounteous blessings and precious truths that have been spoken here today nourishing our souls, and may thy uplifting spirit be upon each of us as we travel to our homes from this wonderful meeting so we can break our fast with a double portion of tender moist loins to nourish and strengthen our bodies so that no harmer accident will come over us on as we travel to our homes while obeying the speed limits this beautiful sabbath day that we're so thankful for..."

Damn it! I just threw up on my laptop.

I feel so much better now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 06:36PM by Bite Me.

Posted by: Satan Claus ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 07:11PM

Yep, definitely a gag reflex over here too.

Somebody has had way too much practice - that's kinda icky.

"harmer accident" - god I hate when those harmers are involved in accidents.

Date: April 10, 2013 07:14PM

my family did the "please watch over us as we travel today" prayer once. My dad got pulled over for speeding. Luckily, the officer who pulled him over was a guy that he went to high school with and so he just gave him a warning.

I mean, the lard said we was good to go so we did because of that there prayer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 07:14PM by Tupperwhere.

Posted by: wolfsbane ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 06:49PM

A couple teats back one of the 12 have a talk about tender mercies. I think it stems from that.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 08:04PM

> I testify to you that my butthole is tender in the
> name of our Lord and Savior, Even the Lord Joseph
> Smith, Amen.

Try more lube. (sorry I couldn't resist) ;)

Date: April 10, 2013 08:17PM

squeebee, For the WIN!!!

Short and simple gets it every time.

Date: April 10, 2013 08:05PM

my butthole is open to be tender too lol

Posted by: antipodeanheathen ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 08:22PM

I ripped my hamstrings last year.

That was bloody tender for a few weeks.

Posted by: rando ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 10:38PM

I remember watching a general conference, and I think it was Hinkley, was giving a talk about senior missionaries. He stated that one couple had received a "tender" letter from their son telling them how proud he was and how they were a fine example . . . I griped and complained to my wife stating that no men I know would write a "tender" letter, unless it was to their favorite female and they were trying to score a little action. Men don't write tender letters. That was so feminine. It was one of those moments where I knew that I was not like the "leadership", and I never would be. Tender, you use tender in the world I live in, and it doesn't apply to food, you would get laughed at for being a wuss. I thought that the leaders were wimps then and I know that they are now. The wussies aint' man enough to accept the truth that the whole damn religion is a big damn lie.

I feel better now, thanks.

Posted by: jbug ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 10:41PM

I always think of tenderizing meat with a meat mallet when they use that word...don't know why, it just pops into my head. It just makes me ill the way they use it.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 11:09PM

This was decades ago. I still remember it.
Picture Johnny Carson in his "The Amazing Carnac" role. He touches the envelope to his head, and says, "Dippity Do!"

Opens the envelope (and while busting up laughing) says, "What do you call that moisture that forms on the end of your dippity?"

So whenever mormons inappropriately use the word "moisture," I giggle.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 11:21PM

Mormons (and for that matter, other groups) latch onto a trite word or phrase and suck it dry. Toward the end of the word's life, you just can't take it anymore.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 10, 2013 11:33PM

The last primary presidency I was in I heard that word a lot. The president was always talking about having to be careful of peoples' tender feelings and the importance of talking gently to them. In her defense, she did understand how Mormons can be really hard on themselves and how on edge people could feel because of the constant emphasis on worthiness and how hard it was for some people to feel good about themselves. She did get that concept about Mormonism but she's so died in the wool that if she ever left the church, someone would have to give me serious medical treatment for shock. She even married a guy from small-town So. Utah who said "Crick" for "creek" and "Woof" for "wolf". She's old school, baby.

Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 01:24AM

Lolololololololol!!! Monday you funny

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 01:26AM

Tender juicy steak.....*drools*

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 01:36AM

Date: April 11, 2013 01:59AM

lol me! Actually, this thread reminds me of the bobby brown song Tender Roni

"The truth about Roni, she’s a sweet little girl
You could treat her real nice and hold her tight
Only tender ronis can give special love
A special kind of love that makes you feel good inside"

ya, that's not creepy at all bobby B!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2013 02:01AM by Tupperwhere.

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 02:00AM

Front or back?

Date: April 11, 2013 08:49AM

Bwahahahaha!!!

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 02:05AM

This just goes to show that the Morg is actually a cultural vacuum that pretends it is an organization with its "unique" culture.

Posted by: boiseguy ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 02:33AM

I hate the word "darling". That is so darling.... *barf*

Date: April 11, 2013 10:11AM

I have heard darling used by the TBM's in my life more than the word tender so I agree. I hate that word.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 10:16AM

Your post has touched my tender funny bone, and I literally laughed out loud. Especially when you got to the part about the buttholes.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 01:51PM

Hahahaha, bless my buthole

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.