Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 06:03PM

I can't use the copy function, it has been disabled.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 06:04PM

that was my problem. I couldn't c&p either. I think you'd have to take a screen shot and then transcribe.

Posted by: judyblue ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 06:25PM

That's what I did.

A few years ago, when they first started the chat thing, it became a big fad on the internet to troll the mormons and then post your conversations on message boards for others to laugh at. So they switched formats to one you can't copy/paste.

If you google for "trolling mormons" you'll be able to read some pretty funny ones. Most of the people doing the trolling don't actually know anything about mormonism, so they created their own inside jokes. "How do magnets work" is the most common one (based on a song lyric, I believe).

Date: April 11, 2013 06:24PM

I asked about polygamy in heaven and they stopped answering but there was no message that the session was terminated. The whole session still shows up so I am typing from it.

Date: April 11, 2013 06:25PM

mine did say the chat was terminated but the window stayed up. I just couldn't copy the text. I can't wait to read what happened.

Date: April 11, 2013 06:38PM

Well, I just signed in for a new chat session and it now does nothing so I guess I am blacklisted, LOL!

This is what they said-----

Me- Christians believe that God/JC/Holy spirit determines who gets into heaven but I read that Mormons don’t believe that, they their founder determines who gets into heaven, is that true?

Mish 1-We are glad that you asked. We do not believe that our founder determines who will get to heaven.

Mish 2-We’re glad you asked. We, too, believe that it is Christ’s grace that saves us after we all can do. We believe that all men, as soon as they depart from this mortal life will be judged by Him.

Me-So it is wrong that Smith controls who gets into heaven?

Mish 1-Exactly.

Mish 2- Correct. That concept is against everything that we believe as Christians. We are so glad you asked. What other questions do you have?

Me- Christians believe in heaven but I have read that you have different heavens.

Mish 1-When we refer to heaven we refer to it as one place, but in fact, in the New Testament we learn that there are different bodies of heaven.

Me- I know there is purgatory but I am not well versed in the bible about different bodies of heaven. Do people in your heaven practice polygamy?

Crickets…..

Date: April 11, 2013 06:41PM

and that should have been pretty easy to answer...WTF?

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 07:11PM

"Christ's grace"? What, is mish #2 a consulting Catholic?

Date: April 11, 2013 06:40PM

does everyone get 2 missionaries? I had assumed there would only be one but that makes sense actually

Date: April 11, 2013 07:01PM

I did't think that my question was really of the baiting variety, but they must have thought so. Just tried chat again and it does nothing.

I don't know if you always get two, but it might be.

Date: April 11, 2013 07:02PM

give me a subject to discuss. I will try again

Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 07:07PM

FYI the admins normally delete chat threads on here....

Date: April 11, 2013 07:10PM

really? well ok then. I still learned a lot just by "chatting" with them. I learned that they have no ammunition at all.

Date: April 11, 2013 07:07PM

In an attemp to lure them back, I wrote the following--

Do multiple sealings mean that Mormons have polygamy in heaven? A long time ago I read a book about Mark Hoffman and in it there was a discussion that men can have multiple wives sealed to them, but a woman can only be sealed to one man. You have to wonder how all that works out in heaven, when a spouse dies and survivor remarries, but it is left open ended in mainstream Christianity.

And is it a real teaching that a man can become a god and have his own world and that he and his wife give birth to spirits who then become the souls of the children who are born in his planet?

I remember in that book that there was a comment that when the missionaries when into nice neighborhoods that they would pick out the house they wanted to live in when the second coming happened. Do mormons believe that they will be left on the earth and that non believers will just disapear?

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 07:16PM

Here's a question:

I'm gay and married legally to my husband. If I join your *cough* church, will you force me to divorce my loved one and never be physically intimate with another human for the rest of my life?

Date: April 11, 2013 07:17PM

I'm going to ask it. brb

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 08:04PM

Synopsis fine but please do not post pages and pages :)

Date: April 11, 2013 08:16PM

I thought B. Young said that Joe the 'ho determined who got into heaven. Is this one of those teachings the mobots have decided no longer works for them?

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: April 11, 2013 08:49PM

Brigham Young:

"...no man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith,"

(Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 289).

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 10:32AM

1 Use the PrtScn (Print Screen) button,

2.Open a blank image file,

3. Go to "Edit" and then "Paste."

It basically allows you to paste the image of the whole screen on an image file. So, you probably want to use the full screen when you chat with them so that the text would look big and clear when you open the image file.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 10:51AM

Most of the folks you chat with will be either visitor's center sisters who take shifts, as well as BYU students who volunteer at the MTC.

They have scripts and hot keys for specific scriptures they'll quote on a variety of topics you bring up. If you press too hard, too fast, they'll just end the chat.

What I've learned is that even though I'm a dude, if I pose as a female I get a lot further in the conversation. If the church reps are guys I'll pretend to be investigating. If the church reps are females I'll pretend to be a confused teenage member who has "heard some stuff."

If you start off the chat with your questions directly you're not likely to get far. If you start the chat with back-story and make it personable, they're likely to stay on a lot longer.

Eventually they'll want to send missionaries to your home. Tell them you're shy and you prefer the online format since it's better for your schedule and you have issues speaking with people in person. Tell them all your social interaction is online so you're so glad they have this chat room.

Susan I/S doesn't like us to post the chats, but just take the 2 min to create a blogspot account and give us the link and we'll all check it out. I love reading missionary chats...

Posted by: raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 02:32PM

I so want to go to this thing. Where is the link to it?

Date: April 12, 2013 02:35PM

Posted by: raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 02:37PM

THis is so much fun. I'm going after the WoW right now ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.