Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: story100 ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 10:05AM

DW and I went to dinner with another exmo couple last night and the temple name oracle came up. We had an idea for an amazing organized activity.

We should organize an event where at least two people stand outside every temple holding signs that say "Hi [male]" and "Hi [female]" using the names that are being given that day. If that was done every day at enough temples, it would not take long before the church would hear about it and change their name assignment policy. In the meantime, it may just open some eyes and would be devilishly FUN.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rqt ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 10:13AM

I wonder if they've picked up on the oracle and have plans to change their methods.

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 12:37PM

Or they could hand out those nametags you get at social functions: "Hi, my name is________" with the current new name of the day. What a shocker when you went into the dressing room and picked it up. OH. MY. GOODNESS. HOW DID THEY KNOW?!?

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 01:17PM

Or you could find out when a TBM family member got endowded and tell them that there new name must be ... then.

Posted by: emily ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 04:31PM

I think I've shared this before but at lunch, after getting my endowment, my friend leaned over to me and whispered "I know your new name!" Okay, complete shock. I asked her how she could possibly know it, and she quickly explained how every woman going through that day got the same name. Though it wasn't what catapulted me towards the exit doors of the church, it was definitely one of the many things that, when piled up, made me do the research that ultimately led to my resignation.

Posted by: joesmithsleftteste ( )
Date: April 13, 2013 04:43PM

That would be SO mean... But I love it! I've actually been tempted to tell my brother, whose fiance will be going through the temple later this month that I know what her name will be... But I don't know where my boundaries are with him regarding the church and he is my only sibling (out of six) to not treat me differently because of us leaving the church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2013 04:46PM by joesmithsleftteste.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.