Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: weepingwillow ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:34AM

...After dropping off my husband at work, the kids.are talking about being starving so I decided to go home to feed them and that would be an easy out of sacrament meeting and just be late so I can still get there to serve in nursery because I didn't want to leave the other nursery leader high and dry.
While at home I notice my baby has a slight fever so I put him to bed.
Too sick to go to church. Instead when he gets up, we are going to the zoo! Zoo totally wins over church today :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2013 11:35AM by weepingwillow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:37AM

Bravo! Family first. And you are no good to your family unless you put yourself first. LDS, Inc. dead last or better yet, not at all.

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:39AM

Seriously. A family day at the zoo is always a better way to spend time together than wasting it at church. They'll remember the zoo and you spending time with them. They'll have forgotten about church by the time they get in the car to leave.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:43AM

Haha i prefer looking at monkeys in cages over monkeys in suits. Nicely done!

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:46AM

When my wife and I transitioned out of the church, discovering that Sundays were FAR better with each other than in meeting after meeting was one of the highlights.

I like to run, and seeing other families out enjoying walking together, picnicking, and having fun was a revelation to me. They looked to be enjoying life far more than we ever did in those interminable meetings.

Posted by: memyself ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:54AM

Excellent choice!!....I never made it more than 2 months...I never got the entire garbage of HAVING to do anything..My life my choice..Glad I have never really lived the momo life...2 months at a time made me hate life..hated that feeling..Have fun!

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 11:56AM

When all our kids were sick and I was in the nursery I left my husband at home with the sick kids so that I could do my calling! Looking back what an awful was I was. But to my defense all the kids got a blessing from their dad before I left for church.
Good for you for going to the zoo!

Date: April 21, 2013 12:08PM

Blessings are another BS statement...where does that Church get off on that crap

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 12:19PM

Can't stand all that fake blessing stuff either. When I heard about it I realized it is just a way to make the men feel superior to their wives....and that is done over and over all the time. I could not be a female in the cult of Mormonism.

Date: April 21, 2013 01:29PM

Lmao can't agree more!..and I feel bad for the women...I am a woman but I have a brain..have never been in a relationship of domineering or mormon for that matter and never would be!

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 01:30PM

Zoo beats the shit out of church.

Posted by: roombazumba ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 06:33PM

My TBM mother skipped church today because all of her kids were in from out of town and we were all hanging out, having a good time. I've never talked to her openly about leaving the church, but I know she knows we don't go, and when I saw the time and noticed it was halfway through sacrament, I gave her a high five and said, "woo! Weekends off!" She high fived me before she knew what I was happy about :)
Still, it's a HUGE thing for her to not go- and for once choosing family over TSCC was a big step!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2013 06:34PM by roombazumba.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.