Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 10:11PM

I mean two of every unclean, seven of every clean. Forget Lehi's family, there is a Lehi's family for every species of animal on the planet right there. How is it, within a few generations of Noah, the earth is not only full of civilizations, but they all have plenty of animals to eat.

And I understand that the predators were magically preserved from wanting to eat all the prey for the whole year they were on the ark, but what about the many years after, when the predators would have to not eat, while the prey all build up their heard strength? I mean, you eat a few goats right off the boat, and suddenly there are no more goats at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 10:19PM

Duane E. Jeffery, "Noah's Flood: Modern Scholoarship and Mormon Traditions," published in "Sunstone" magazine, October 2004, pp. 27-39, 42-45, at: https://www.sunstonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/sbi/issues/134.pdf

("Jeff" is a long-time, great friend of mine who helped start me on my way out of Mormonism with his magnificent essay, "Seers, Savants and Evolution: The Uncomfortable Interface," originally published in "Dialogue: A Journal of Mormon Thought," Vol. 8, No. 3/4, Autumn/Winter 1974, pp. 41-75, at: http://dialoguejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/sbi/articles/Dialogue_V34N0102_195.pdf)

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 10:25PM

1. God's ways are not our ways

2. With god all things are possible

3. Do you think you're smarter than god?

I think that just about covers all the christian apologetics on the noah's ark story.. Did I mention "magic"?

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: April 21, 2013 10:26PM

Plus those stupid unicorns wouldn't get on the boat. And the dinosaurs didn't have any room.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.