Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: April 23, 2013 09:35PM

We resigned two months ago. Our two month anniversary was actually on 4/16. And....sithlord still has no letter from the church letting him out. Poor sucker is still Mormon.

I did phone about a month ago and confirm that he's out, but told them we want the official letter. Guess I'll have to call them back.

Poor sithlord.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 12:06AM

sithlord can rejoice anyway because, although the "official" letter hasn't arrived, it's official anyway. Screw 'em - you're both OUT and life just gets better by the day. I celebrated the day I got my letter, but in reality it never meant anything anyway.

Date: April 24, 2013 12:12AM

Totally, but I like to tease him.

Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 12:12AM

Ah, gotcha, although teasing a spouse about still being Mormon might land one in the proverbial doghouse. Them's fightin' words right there!!

Date: April 24, 2013 12:14AM

I think it's hilarious because he started it, and now they won't send him a letter.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 12:14AM

Tell shitlord he is being cursed for not contributing to the MormonThink facebook campaign yet. As soon as he makes a contribution the windows of heaven will open and he will be blessed with a resignation letter.

I guarantee it will be just as effective as the tithing blessings he received previously.

Date: April 24, 2013 12:19AM

I passed along the message. He's laughing his ass off. That's not a good sign.

Date: April 24, 2013 12:19AM

He says maniacal laughter. It's more like giggling. Hmmm

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 03:41PM

Loud laughter and evil speaking is good for the soul.

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 03:34PM

Will a man rob MT?

Posted by: joesmithsleftteste ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 01:31AM

LOL.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 12:29AM

Women and children, not a big deal. Now an adult priesthood holder is a rare bird. Gotta try and hold onto him even a little longer just in case he may have a change of heart.

I guarantee if you get a lawyer to write a letter to Greg Dodge you will receive a very swift confirmation letter that you are out. But if you have to pay lawyer's fees (ask for a pro bona) then just bug them yourself. I"d rather wait and have fun calling and annoying everyone about why they are sitting on their backsides than pay a lawyer.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 03:42PM

Better yet, just write a letter pretending to be an attorney. After all, they write talks pretending to be prophets. What's good for the goose....

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 01:47AM

Do they think you persuaded him to leave?

Maybe they're holding out thinking he'll turn you around and you'll all come back.

If so, they don't understand the mechanics of "knowing the truth" and how that works against them.

Date: April 24, 2013 02:00AM

I don't think so. Our bishop emailed the day following our email to him, the whole ward, and SLC. Our letters (mine and DS #4) reached us 12 days after we resigned via email. I phoned SLC to check on sithlord's letter and also the status of our adopted son. Our son was never baptized, but had been sealed to another LDS family after they adopted him from overseas. They chose to give him away, and have no rights to him. The church certainly has no rights to him. SLC confirmed via phone that they had both been removed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2013 02:01AM by twojedis.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 10:46AM

Congrats on your two-month anniversary, and many happy returns of the day!

Some cog in the COB machine lost sithlord's letter...but it's okay, we'll still accept him as a fellow apostate.

Hope you guys can do something fun to celebrate, maybe with a cocktail or three. (Are you cocktail people?)

Date: April 24, 2013 10:51AM

He's a beer guy, I'm a cocktail chick. Although, I did introduce him to flavored sparkling water and rum last weekend.

Posted by: wolfsbane ( )
Date: April 24, 2013 03:27PM

My two month anniversary is on April 26. Still no letter of confirmation. What number did you call to verify with SLC?

Date: April 24, 2013 11:52PM

The phone number for Member Records is 1-800-453-3860 ext 22053.

Do not take "no" for an answer. The first person I spoke to said I'd have to talk to the bishop. I hung up and thought, "that's bullshit!". They can't make me talk to a bishop. I called back and the guy I got that time was very helpful.

Date: April 25, 2013 12:16AM

Thanks for the reply. I got home tonight and my letter was waiting for me! I'm free! My Bishop sent me a letter also telling me that he was sorry the adversary had such a devastating influence over me. I only met the guy once and he acts like he knows me. But, that's all behind me now.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 12:43AM

So did you send him a letter back say that you were sorry the adversary had such a devastating effect on you too but that now you found the truth and got away from it - the Mormon church?

Date: April 25, 2013 12:52AM

Ha! That's a good one. What makes it worse is I was a perfect little Peter Priesthood until just about 3 months ago. I was honestly contemplating sending a response just because of the condescending tone of his letter but decided to just be done with it.

Well, I guess if it makes them feel better and more secure in their precious little testimonies to believe that the only reason anyone would leave the church is due to "the adversary" then so be it. It just doesn't cross their minds that people are leaving because it's not true.

Date: April 25, 2013 01:05AM

What a douche. The adversary. Bahahahahaha! That guy must read too much science fiction!

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 12:58AM

Congratulations, twojedis! Let us know when sithlord is finally out. (Maybe those at the COB are being passive aggressive in not sending his letter because they're pissed off by what he shared to everyone in his letter.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.