Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: La_Capa ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 12:29AM

This pisses me off. I was telling people in Argentina that lived as an entire family in a one room concrete block (without indoor plumbing) to pay tithing while fatcats like Monson own three homes on the church's dime. http://mormoninsider.wordpress.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 01:08AM

I don't think it's too out of line for top outside sales guys. Besides, the property is church-owned and appreciates in value. Just think how many mos would love to buy a home formerly lived in by a GA?

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 02:05AM

i know. i served in chile and some areas are really poor. now i feel guilty too.

fuck monson. fuck those leeches. fuck those parasites.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 09:25AM

Actually, they were probably all deeded over to the church, and will become their property to sell upon his death.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 11:46AM

Their life style compared to poorest places of the world, where they still extract all they can from the membes, is just one more reason I think these are greedy men, not noble men.

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 11:50AM

That was interesting. Thanks for compiling and sharing that!

Posted by: Chloe ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 12:28PM

The small house which Uchtdorf originally owned seems to have accurately reflected his financial standing at that time.

Quite clearly, he came into more money when he was called to the higher church position, so now he is in a much more expensive home in a gated community and owns other properties.

Your tithes at work!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 01:50PM

The worst living conditions that I saw were in Coronel Suarez in Argentina 1958-59

The mission home was a mansion in Vicente Lopez BA

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 02:10PM

It's comforting to see that the Lord's humble servants live in small, humble homes, similar to what you would see in Colombia, or Zambia or the Philippines. I am glad they do not live like "The Princes of the Church" that I spend two years and much $$ preaching to people about the Catholic church. Oh, and I am glad they do not dress in $1,000 suits, fly first class, etc.

Yup, that was sarcasm.

Posted by: Flyinghigh ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 02:13PM

Oh, how I long for the day when the LDS house of cards comes crashing down, and these evil fu---ng parasites are marched out of the COB in handcuffs. Liars, hypocrites!

Posted by: s4711 logged out ( )
Date: April 25, 2013 02:47PM

Kings Benjamin they are not. More like Kings Benjamins...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.