Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 11:49AM

One of the hardest decisions I had to make was the decision that if the church was not true, would I accept whatever happens because of the truth. I finally allowed myself to accept the fact it was a fraud. What I had not prepared myself for was how angry I would become at learning the truth. I grew up without the internet, without access to truthful information. We had to rely on church leaders and CES to tell us truths about the religion my ancestors had chosen.

The anger upon learning these "men of god" had lied, knew they were lieing, making stuff up in god's name, treating myself and my family like dirt, stealing thousands of dollars and hours of my labor was more far more painful than I was prepared for. This knowledge has consumed me for several years. There was no way 'I could get over it" as TBM's like to say.

I can accept the fact the local CES instructors are brainwashed but at the top, they know they lie. The big 15 know it is a fraud and they allow the lies to go forth. Anyone who knows JS did not read gold plates behind the curtain and teaches that is a liar themselves. If there was a god, her or she would not need liars. People join and attend this religion based upon a lie. If looking at a stone in a hat was good enough for god, then why would god need men to lie about it? Looking at a rock is not as "faith" promoting as a lie about reading gold plates.

The current LDS Religion is based upon a lie to get gain. The people at the top from SP's on up are liars and thieves.

I hate knowing my grandparents, parents, siblings, children, nieces and nephews have all been lied to by the great whore of all the earth. Yes, the greatest whore of all.

The liars at the top do not receive revelation from god. Their inspired programs fail. They practice an evil form of communication with what god wants called reverse revelation. Reverse Revelation is where they decide what they want, give god x number of days or hours to inform them if that is not correct and if god does not respond in the set amount of time, then what they decided is what god wants. This is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!

Reversed Revelation was how the priesthood revelation about blacks was received. Reversed Revelation is often how callings happen even on a ward level. It is not preached to the general membership but it is practiced.

Yes, Mormons lie and every time a missionary tells someone the lie about JS reading gold plates behind a curtain, CES and the big 15 know they are backing a bold face lie to get gain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Phillips ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 01:20PM

I agree. Those men I looked up to and held in high esteem are either (1) seriously deluded, (2) wilfully ignorant due to burying their heads in the sand or (3) deliberate LIARS.

They are 2 'smart' to be (1) or (2) so it must be (3). They are LIARS.

The church was founded on the basis of lies and the current leaders try to perpetuate those lies.

Shame on you so called apostles.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 01:36PM

The Kübler-Ross model is useful to see where things are headed. The stages are:

Denial - Those silly exmos.
Anger - Holy crap, it's crap.
Bargaining - Maybe there are some redeeming qualities.
Depression - No, it's evil. <<== YOU ARE HERE
Acceptance - I've recovered and life is good.

RFM is here to help the process.

On the bright side, you're no longer drinking the wine of her fornication. It feels a little funny to say it, but the TSCC resembles the great and abominable church a lot more than it does the church of the lamb.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 02:18AM

Well said, Bradley. You can identify the whore by her painted face. She has the facade of great and numerous buildings.

It seems to me that Jesus was supposed to be a balm to the poor and the hopeless. How can I believe that the son of God is a retail mogul?

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 02:14PM

Yes, I too felt that powerful level of anger for myself. Now I feel anger that they are continuing to deceive the most vulnerable who are ignorant of Mormonism and therefore susceptible to the lies because they also have no access to truth. I agree that the top 15 have a lot to answer for on that score.

One giant lie that sucked me in when I had real doubts about the history of plural marriage as an investigator was the lie that first wives could always decide about their husbands taking a second wife. I fell for the constant promise that free agency was paramount in Mormonism. I fell for the lie that polygamy was always voluntary. Then I met a man whose grand parents had traveled to Utah with the Mormons only to be ordered to practice polygamy when they arrived. His grand parents refused and so they were excommunicated. He told me not to believe the history of Mormonism as taught by the church. He said his family is non-Mormon today only because of that excommunication so many years ago. I was furious that I believed the Mormon version. Sometimes I feel like it would have been better to be excommunicated from Mormonism because I could then tell people that the church kicked me out because I preferred truth and was not allowed to tell others about the historic truths I had learned. Yes, you have free agency to either obey or be excommunicated. Great choice. I chose to leave before they could fire me.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 02:15PM

Yes. The truth shall set you free, but first it's gonna piss you off.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 02:28PM

A non-minor point: They aren't "GOD'S Servants."

They are servants only to their egos.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 02:29PM

Homer Simpson : "god ..... if you don't want me to eat this donut give me a sign."

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 02:33PM

When someone wants to manipulate people, all they have to do is associate with God. God adds validity and authority. People are conditioned to respect "men of god." They automatically trust.

No one knows more about God than you or me or anyone else. Sorry, but they don't.

The pathetic thing is that we were so conditioned to respect god's servants that we were enabling them to have power over us.

Posted by: AnonNow ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 12:29AM

What you wrote about "Reversed Revelation" is, in my opinion, very profound and eloquently written. And exactly right.

Nevin Pratt

Posted by: Wandering ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 02:07AM

Agreed with all the above. Anyone who would claim to speak for God to manipulate people out of their time and their money, has a lot to answer for and should be ashamed of how they have spent their time on this earth. Shameful!!!

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 02:31AM

Mormons like to go on about how their church requires them to do so much more than other churches or religions. Church just isn't one hour on Sunday. Mormonism is like a leech that's always there sucking your blood, and it never gets enough.

I fully understand the anger when you see the lies. The church has broken your trust. It's like finding out Santa Claus isn't real. You can go through the motions, but you can't go back to a state of truly believing.

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 03:14AM

Actually reverse revelation is taught:

"But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is sacred save it be given you from me."

You make a decision, wait for the stupor, and when it doesn't come you assume god agrees with you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.