Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 03:21PM

When a Mormon says, "had a vision," they really mean, "pretended to have seen."

"going like a lamb to a slaughter," is really "brought a really cheap colt revolver knockoff to a gunfight and paid with ones life."

"fasting for 24 hours" means "I am going to skip breakfast."

"Sacred funds," equals "tax free investment capital."

"Milk before meat," should be "don't mention the idiotic things we believe that makes us look like idiots."

What are some of yours?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 03:25PM

"I'd just want to bear my testimony" really means "hang on while I recite this to make me feel more spiritual"

"We are a persecuted church" really means "people make fun of us because our beliefs are fugging strange and we push them on people who don't care"

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 03:31PM

It 'sacred not secret' means you would fall on the floor laughing if we told you.

Shes a 'sweet spirit' Bring a brown paper bag to put over her.

'The Lords Annointed' Old white guys that have clawed their way to the top of a major corporation, leaving total destruction in their wake.

'Bearing of testimony' Testifying of 'witnessing' things that are contrived, concocted, and made up poorly.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 03:33PM

A pepperbox pistol is nothing like a colt revolver.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 03:37PM

True, and half the barrels misfired. Firearms have come a long way since then. I laugh when I hear apologists argue about whether JS just wounded some guys, or whether they died. In those days, even getting winged by a pistol ball could easily have been a death sentence. No antibiotics.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 03:44PM

Yes, and no. The pepperbox did not function like a colt, but it was a response by its makers to the Colt. Shortly after the Colt revolver came out, single shot pistol sales died. Problem was, Colt had the patent on revolvers, and they were not sharing. So the pepperbox's creators simply put a bunch of barrels together on a rotating design, then sold that as their response to the Colt revolver. It was heavy, clumsy, and really only for people too cheap to buy a revolver.

Date: April 27, 2013 03:35PM

Keeping the Sabbath holy = OMG so @#*&ing BORED!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 27, 2013 03:37PM

Our worship is centered on Christ = hope you guys like hearing about sex, tithing, and Joseph.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 03:42PM

I know the church is true = I know it makes me feel good and appeals to my pride, no matter what the evidence actually is.

Our worship is centered on Christ = Joseph "The Christ" Smith.

We are all about families = because they are the best tool we've found to manipulate members into bowing to our will.

I don't know where I'd be without the church = I can't think or reason or govern myself.

But Mormons are nice people = by our definition of nice and because we say we are nice, we demand to be thought of as nice, regardless of our actions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2013 03:42PM by CA girl.

Date: April 27, 2013 03:43PM

We believe in the Son of God, even Jesus the Christ = we should lose our right to say the word "even"

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 04:20PM

"That's the spirit of contention!" = "Don't counter with facts when I blurt out another fugging stupid Mormon slogan."

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 04:30PM

My TBM mom's fave- "That's just Satan talking" meaning "Don't say anything or do anything funny, silly, or sarcastic.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 10:08PM

I'm sorry you feel that way = No, I'm not sorry at all, ha ha ha. What would make you think that, you butt-hurt apostate?

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 11:42PM

The response I use when this comes up, "I feel this way, because I was treated this way."

Posted by: DeAnn ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 10:18PM

"You can leave the Church but you can't leave it alone" means that they know why I left the Church.

"I feel inspired. . . ." means I can make up all sorts of shit and then tell you the God told me.

"I *know* the Church is true, etc." actually is a signal that the speaker is an idiot.

"You left because you were offended" equates to, whatever I hear in Church I will repeat.

Posted by: Cali SAlly ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 10:24PM

We encourage you to exercise your free agency means; you can do whatever you want but if we don't like it we will make you suffer.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 10:24PM

"Ask a Mormon" ~ We're looking for the last few people on earth who don't use internet and could possibly be brainwashed like we used to do it old school.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 08:42PM

HAHAHAHA!!!! My vote for number 1!! Love it!

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: April 30, 2013 01:10AM

Omg...LOL!!! Winner!!!

Posted by: magnite ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 11:37PM

"Strange and pecular people"="Well, aren't we just flipping STRANGE!?!?!?!" :)

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: April 27, 2013 11:52PM

"Oh God, hear the words of my mouth." = "Oh God, I can't believe I'm doing this."

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 06:35AM

It also means assinging mormons to pretend they care about and miss strangers who landed on impersonal ward lists through no fault of their own.

Posted by: charles, not logged in ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 07:38AM

"Magnify your calling" = perform free labor, even if you don't want to or if it takes too much time away from family; and you'd better say "thank you" while you're at it

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 08:09AM

Joe Smith practiced *polygamy* is really ADULTERY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqG5skfZcrE

TEmple *endowment*
endowment typically means being given something.
MORmON temple initiates are given nothing of practical value and the church use the ruse as an excuse to set up their members to steal from them.

Posted by: ironmann ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 08:57PM

"Oh God, Hear the words of my mouth = Come out, come out, wherever you are Stan!

Posted by: Gay Philosopher ( )
Date: April 29, 2013 09:03PM

Hi,

"Encourage" or "strengthen" are euphemisms that mean threaten and use coercive force.

Steve

Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: April 30, 2013 12:50AM

You all are both succinct and effing hilarious.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.