Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kori ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 12:31AM

Done. See you all in the afterlife at the feet of Joseph Smith.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 12:34AM

I don't want you to go :(

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 12:37AM

:(

Date: May 09, 2013 12:43AM

sorry tupper, I have been offended!!! j/k.

No, its time. Like all web forums everything boils down to attacks and having no tact. I am really past mormonism, I don't care to get back at them anymore or to study or to be outraged or sad, I post here to chat and start conversations but most people are not into that. I guess the passive agresive mormonism is alive and well within many people here. so I am out. Best to everyone in your personal quests.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 12:47AM

kori Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I
> post here to chat and start conversations but most
> people are not into that.

I've seen people chat on threads about many things, like Jodi Arias, internet memes, "theism vs. atheism," teenage problems, etc.. Heck, IIRC, there was a thread about sex toy!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 12:48AM

I understand what you're saying. Welp, look me up if you ever get lonely.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 09:08AM

yeah. I'm not lds but came here hoping for info and maybe support. Have found it to be like a 4th grade lunchroom where no one lets you put your lunchtray down to eat with them because they are too cool. There are a few posters who aren't that way and they are excellent writers so I dip in for them.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 09:46AM

I guess you just have to wade through the jerks to find the nice people. I've found some real friends here, and that makes it worth it.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 12:40AM

He'll be back....just ticked..it's temporary...

Date: May 09, 2013 12:45AM

thank you SQ, for proving my point. I have nothing to say that people like you won't say for me. You must be fun at parties.
I won't be back.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 12:46AM

OK. Don't come back. It's not a problem. Sorry you didn't find what you wanted. Been there done that!

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 01:06AM

Getting nasty, getting told off, going away in a huff and pouting for a few days, and then coming back to start the same old cycle over again is *your* deal. I've seen it played out for years.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 01:23AM

+1

Also what's so hard about kori wanting to protect his/her friend's identity? Why couldn't you respect his/her boundaries?

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 09:20AM

"Sorry you didn't find what you wanted."

You have the passive-aggressive Mormon-apology down pat, Susie.

FLC, I also don't understand why such boundaries can't be respected, especially when the boundary violators cry persecution whenever they are asked for clarification about claims made in their own posts. Of course, that's different because they're them and everybody else is "not them" and a different set of rules apply to "not them." So there. That's that. End of discussion. Oy!

Serena, I admire your ability to cut through the crap and get straight to the point.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 09:23AM

Best of luck to you always. I really understand where you're going with this. Still, I'll be one of the ones who misses you.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 08:54AM

I noticed part of what happened yesterday and was shocked. I hate to see good posters go.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 09:02AM

+1

I've really enjoyed your posts, Kori. I hope you'll reconsider or, after taking a break, you'll come back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2013 09:25AM by Surrender Dorothy.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 09:39AM

Kori. This stuff happens all the time. I wish you would shrug it off and stay. I like what you post and believe you have a lot to offer.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 09:54AM

I know what you mean, there are posts that make me double check if I'm on the ex-mormon or mormon-forever forum. =)

I'm mostly a lurker but I've read and really enjoyed your posts. Sad to see one of the good ones leave.

BTW, I think there are posters here that feed on pushing other's buttons, but there are also many who are really supportive.

All the best,
D

Posted by: oldklunker ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 10:23AM

We all should think at some point we must get on with life and move on and leave all things mormon in the past...you only live once... The fork in the road is here and parting leaves us with fond memories. May your journey be filled with good memories and good friends...

Posted by: destiny ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 10:23AM

I never understood people who have to announce that they are leaving. Like they have to have the last word. Just quit posting. How hard is that?

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 10:26AM

I understand what you mean. If I were to stop coming here I would just stop. But I don't post that much and I don't think people would realized that I haven't been around for a while.

But when you are a poster that post a lot and have made friends it's a way of saying "good-bye and don't worry about me".

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 10:30AM

Dang, I missed the fireworks!

I could never be offended because I don't care enuf what others think...everyone is free to their opinion. I'm 49 years old and haven't met anyone yet who has all the answers. I'll read what people post, and maybe learn something...but just because some people disagree with me, well ok that's how it's supposed to work.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 10:52AM

Good Journey. Send some postcards.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 11:43AM

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 09, 2013 12:03PM

I'm always sorry to see posters go, even if it's because they've "recovered", as selfishly I enjoy most of them and want them to stay. I especially feel for them if they leave upset about something.

These are just general comments, not meant as comments on the original situation alluded to here, as I don't know enough about it.

But. In my observation, most of the hurtful, ignorant, or too-Mormony type comments are from fly-by posters or trolls. They love to push the buttons and see who they can hit, and hurt. Those comments are often later nuked by Admin, or they would be if they were reported.

As for longer-term posters who make hurtful comments, well, some are bad-tempered, some don't comprehend situations too well, some don't care, some are clueless, etc. I have felt hurt, and irked, and invisible, at various times. The bottom line for me is what I want to get out of the board and whether I'm still getting it. If it feels right to go, I'd go, at any given time. If I'm still deriving enjoyment from posting and getting something out of it and enjoying the people here, then I stay.

It's up to each to determine that balance for themselves, and if they choose to leave they can always come back. So while it feels final when or if we choose to go due to some conflict or lack of enjoyment or unpleasant incident, we can always change our minds. I see that kori says he won't be back and I respect that choice. I wouldn't try to persuade otherwise. I just hope that trollishness isn't a cause for anyone to decide to leave.

As for there being too much unwanted, non-useful Mormon-type behaviour here, that could well be true at any given time. It's worth remembering that many posters were Mormon just yesterday. A recovery arena encompasses the full spectrum of those who have been out for a long time, those who feel and are well recovered, those who just left the Mormon Church last week and those on any step of the recovery process in between the extremes. So, yeah, there are a large number of non-recovered individuals here and clashes and meltdowns happen.

Still, the simplest explanation for an off-the-wall post is that it's a troll or a trollish poster and should be reported to Admin.

Those are just my general thoughts about what RfM is like and why posters sometimes get upset or angry with certain replies they receive. Again, I respect kori's choice and don't mean this to be a commentary on anything related to a specific thread. I hope all goes well for him (or her?? sorry, not sure).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.