Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 04:09PM

Happy Mother's Day everyone. I hope all you mothers and grandmothers, mothers to be, aunties who are like a mother, ward mothers, neighborhood mothers, single Dad's, etc etc are having a great mothers day.

I've asked it before, but...

Heavenly Mother...has anybody tried to work this out? Heavenly mothers have a resurrected *material* body, with a resurrected, perfected *material* uterus. Heavenly Fathers somehow impregnate heavenly mothers, presumably through a physical sex act. Are heavenly fathers, with their resurrected *material* gonads, producing *spiritual* sperm. And heavenly mothers, with their physiological ovaries producing *spirit" ovum?

When, during the process of meiosis, do you think the perfected physical cell sheds its physicalness and becomes spirit gametes?

So now the spirit sperm and spirit egg unite, and float down the perfected physical fallopian tubes for 10-ish days. Next step is for this fertilized spirit egg to implant into the wall of the uterus.

How exactly does a spirit (essentially immaterial) zygote attach to a physical wall of a uterus?
Have any of you thought about this? How does a spirit fetus gestate in a resurrected uterus? What passes through the umbilical cord? If the fetus has no mass to act upon, how does the uterus contract to squeeze out the spirit baby? What do the contractions push against?
The placenta--the go-between between the mother to be and the baby (resurrected physical mother to be and non-physical baby to be)--is it physical or spiritual. or 50/50?

In the immortal words of Tommy Shaw of Styx..."I've got too much--time on my hands..."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 04:12PM

. . . and did heavenly fathers and heavenly mothers evolve from heavenly monkeys?

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 04:27PM

William Law Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . . . and did heavenly fathers and heavenly
> mothers evolve from heavenly monkeys?

This is actually a truly profound question!

If we accept that we live in a multiverse "of" quantum physics, and that in at least some universes of the multiverse there is consciousness of the kind that we humans (plus relevant primates, etc.) recognize as "consciousness," is the general "order of evolution" that we have observed here in this planet a "general rule" in other universes and dimensions?

I'm going to be thinking about this question for a very long time! :-)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 04:30PM

Woo woo ..

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 04:41PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> Woo woo ..

It's physics and math.

Any hypotheses? Or would you have been one of the anti-science people who (in essence) referred to the Theory of Relativity as "woo woo" back in the day?

Eh?

The question is: is scientific evolution as we have observed it on THIS planet a general rule/scientific "theory" on other planets and in other dimensions?

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 04:37PM

You think about it, I'll laugh.

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 04:35PM

Don't forget those perfected bodies don't have blood. They are flesh and bone, with no blood.

The umbilical cord is literally full of life blood for the unborn. It's how they live and grow until they are born. What's going to keep them alive and growing?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 06:28PM

mia Wrote:
> Don't forget those perfected bodies don't have
> blood. They are flesh and bone, with no blood.
>
In which case, how does a god man even get a stiffy? JS didn't think this baloney through.

Date: May 13, 2013 03:34PM

and waste is passed back through the umbilical cord. What waste results from spirit gestation?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 06:26PM

...the spirit children would be created by priesthood hocus-pocus rather than celestial boinking.

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: May 12, 2013 07:09PM

If there's no celestial boinking, what's the point of going to the CK and having genitalia instead of going to the TK and not having genitalia?

Date: May 13, 2013 03:36PM

I remember being taught that we'd be engaged in endless celestial sex.
Can anybody back me up with a JoD reference, or something like?

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 04:28PM

Joseph Smith taught that spirit is matter, but fine & pure. So this kind of question wouldn't have bothered me at all.

The question that would bother me is how a non-material intelligence is linked up to the spirit matter body created by the heavenly mother's womb. That's the problem.

And it's the same problem all the woo woo religions like christianity have failed to answer regarding their ghost self linking up with the human brain, since they don't believe spirit is any kind of matter.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: May 13, 2013 04:40PM

Good thing God has billions of wives or his one wife might be a bit busy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.