Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 05:10PM

It's a guy thing, not a gay thing. The only difference between gay men and straight men are their targets.

The simple fact is men (straight or gay) are horndogs. And if you don't believe me then go to any straight dance club on Sat night and watch the ten pathetic men trying to work the same lady (and watch her escape with her girlfriends at the end of the night).

Straight men would probably be just as "promiscuous" as gay men if their counterparts weren't playing so hard to get. If women were the same way as men in this department, then straight men would be just as bad as gay men.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 14, 2013 05:14PM

Weird. The post I was posting to disappeared and mine ended up being a new thread. Well, here's a new one then...

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 05:33PM

Interesting. I'm not sure what the OP said since your post was a reply, but I gather that you're comparing promiscuity of gay men vs straight men?

In kind, women can be just as promiscuous, but the negative stigma associated with a sexually liberated woman makes it harder on us to be open about it.

Also, because of that, the difference with straight men, as I perceive it, is that because they 'target' ( I don't like that word tho! It alludes to them being predatory, which of course some, but certainly not all, can be) women, who don't like to be seen as 'sluts,' can make it harder for straight men to have as many sexual partners, as gay men might have. The difference is, men would be with the same women repeatedly as 'friends with benefits,' even if they have a handful of them.

Women do this as well. At one point I had three friends with benefits at the same time. They were aware of each other. It sure was fun. Each of them brought something different to the table. And they all treated me like a queen, and were even a little competitive with each other about making me happy. I never did get them into a threesome, tho. Giggity. I do, however prefer to be monogamous, in the long run.

Date: May 14, 2013 08:12PM

The original OP was asking why (at least according to studies) why "gays" were more promiscuous than heteros (having more sex partners than straights).

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 08:38PM

Ah, ok, yeah that's what I thought. I agree, it's a guy thing, not a gay thing.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 07:08PM

Hmm...so to have more sex I need to be gay...hmm...very tempting...

Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 08:46PM

Yup, given the opportunity a straight guy would be just as promiscuous as a gay guy.

Posted by: Tyler ( )
Date: May 14, 2013 11:42PM

The thread should be titled straight men vs gay men

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.