Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormon-0|Science-1 ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 01:55AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mia ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 02:17AM

This is the story I was taught all of my life.

Unfortunately it's not quite the truth. Glen's version is the whitewashed polished up version. The Mormon church version.

It leaves out JS and all of his wives, it leaves out the fact that there were more men than women. It leaves out the fact that only a few men that were in the upper authority of the church were picking and choosing the babes that they wanted. It leaves out so much.

Just like I once did, I think Glen really believes the story he's telling. If he knew the whole story he'd be humiliated, flustered, and down right pissed. After watching this, I am convinced he doesn't know the whole truth. He thinks he does. He thinks the church has told him the truth. He's been obedient and not read anything that his leaders have told him not to read.

If he ever find out the truth, and has the courage to stand up for it, he will make one of the best ex mormons ever. Alas, he's currently in the brainwash mode. I don't know if he will ever have the courage to come out of it.

Posted by: Mormon-0|Science-1 ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 02:18AM

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 02:45AM

When someone brings up all this crap to explain polygamy (they
were just taking care of widows) I tell the story of my
grandmother.

My grandmother was coerced into an arranged "marriage" with an
already married man (this was before the "manifesto"). She
was 17, and he was 34--exactly twice her age. Her life story
mentions that he did not support her and that she had to work
all her life to support herself and her children.

So

(1) She WASN'T a widow, she was a teenage girl half his age.

(2) He DIDN'T take care of her. She had to work outside the
home as, basically, a single mother to support herself and her
children.

(3) And, yes, he did have sex with her. Note the reference to
"children" that SHE had to work to support.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 03:32AM

Glenn Beck will be crazy no matter what he believes about the LDS Church or any other church. He used to seem sane and almost like a real journalist, but then he went all survivalist nutcase in addition to the usual LDS BS. If he goes exmormon, he'll make us all look bad.

Posted by: fudley ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 01:10PM

agreed, he does more exmo good as a right wing nut job.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 04:06AM

in 6-1/2 minutes (couldn't stand it any longer). And that's really saying something, given the bunches of whoppers I heard from February 1998 through March 2000. It takes a pretty egregious liar to even touch, much less outdo that guy in the lying department. And you know Beck's got fact checkers, so there goes the idea that he really believes that shit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2013 10:33AM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 01:15PM

God, the rambling bullshit and saying nothing type. Makes me want to shoot myself in the head. I guess since I follow the golden rule of do unto others as you would have done to you means that I can off Glen Beck.

Posted by: David Jason ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 04:32PM

I was going to comment about it on the video, but was blocked. I guess I commented on a video of his before. Oh well, the lies keep on going.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 08:56PM

Everytime he opens his mouth, nonsense comes out. Cripes, does he really believe what he is saying?

Anyone who thinks he has any credibility should watch this then research the questions online themselves. That should destroy any credibility they may credit him with on any topic.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 09:05PM

ONE morning on his radio show, Glen was talking about giving money to charity voluntarily verses being compelled to give money to the government to fund welfare. Then he blurted out that he does not mind giving money to his church ( LDS Inc ) because they (LDS Inc.) have full disclosure on where every dime goes.......

WHat an IGNORANT DUMB ASS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUcyR7Qv_1o

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2013 09:15PM by lucky.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.