Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 11:16PM

Salt Lake City has the largest percentage of gay parents?? I did not know that!

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56343271-78/gay-cities-highest-sex.html.csp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 11:23PM

wow, that's pretty interesting! My TBM sibling lived in the Avenues for several years. I heard him muttering to my TBM dad about how the "gays" were moving in.

They just bought a new house in Sandy in a "safe" mormon community....phew for them! They just barely made it out apparently lol.

That's great news though :)

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 11:27PM

There are so many Mormon gays that got into heterosexual marriages, had kids, got divorced over the gay thing, tons of gay parents.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 11:36PM

That's a very likely reason. Hell, now that I think of it, I know two different gay men who married and had at least three kids each before coming out!

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 11:39PM

Yep, all these unfortunate gay Mormons getting married and popping out kids at 19 & 21 before realizing they can't fake it anymore.

I have a gay friend who came out to his Mormon wife. Her reply?

"Good, because I'm gay too!" They divorced amicably and he remarried a dude and have a son through his ex-wife.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: May 21, 2013 11:39PM

I know a woman who was married to what she thought was a heterosexual TBM. But he cheated on her with both men and women. And so she left him for another woman and took their 2 kids along with her. So I guess she would qualify because she lived in the avenues too. And later on they adopted a little Chinese boy and are actually living happily ever after now.

Posted by: CA girl - not logged in ( )
Date: May 22, 2013 12:32AM

That's awesome. There is hope for Utah yet. Such a pretty state but way too many "church ladies." Nice to see at least parts of it are becoming less entrenched and more human.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.