Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WakingUpVegas ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:18PM

Last night, I was relaxing out in the hot tub. I came inside for a drink, when the doorbell starts ringing. I ignored it the first time, but when it kept ringing, I thought maybe it was an emergency. I peeked outside, and OF COURSE it's the bishopric!

No one from our ward ever calls, they always just show up and it drives me crazy. But thanks to RFM, I had a good idea to show them how inappropriate it is to just randomly show up at 8 uninvited.

I positioned my towel so it covered my bikini, and let my hair fall in a way that covered the straps. I answered the door. The look on their faces was priceless, they totally thought I was naked!

I said, "Hello, can I help you?"

Them: "Hi, we're just checking in on some of our members, like we do every Tuesday night." (I feel bad for their families if this is truely how every Tuesday night is spent)

Me: "Oh, I had NO IDEA you were coming over! I probably would have put some clothes on!"

Them: "Is your husband home?"

Me: "He's not. Had he known you were coming, perhaps he would have been here." (My husband is still TBM, just an inactive one).

Them: "It's been awhile since we've seen you at church. We were afraid you moved."

Me:" nope, we're still here."

Awkward silence

Them: "Did we come at a bad time?"

At this point I let the towel fall so my bikini top is exposed. Bishop's eyes do some major googling.

Me: "Yes, actually. I was out in my hottub and clearly unprepared for visitors. Plus, aren't you supposed to make sure the husband is home? I thought men couldn't visit women alone in their homes."

Them: "Well, we have other people to visit, so we have to run. Have a good night, we'll try again soon!"

Out of respect for my husband, I wasn't as rude as I wanted to be. But I've read so many stories about answering the door in a towel, I couldn't resist when the opportunity presented itself! I only with I had thought to say "What is wanted?" first!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:20PM

Priceless. Thanks for sharing ;-)

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:24PM

Awesome! Don't you wish you had a camera for their faces?

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:27PM

If they were thinking you were naked under that towel they stayed longer than any truly TBM shoulda. ; )

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:30PM

I'm just about immodest enough now to open the door to Mormons totally naked just to see what happens.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:56PM

We don't call it immodest. That is a Mormon word. We call it, comfortable with ones body. I'm not that comfortable with my body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2013 04:56PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:28PM

I died laughing when you said your towel dropped to reveal your bikini top. Oh my god. Awesome.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:40PM

WakingUpVegas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> we'll try again soon!"

Oh happy day!

Date: June 05, 2013 04:42PM

I so wish I had gone inside to get something alcoholic instead of water, that would have been even more awesome. I normally clam up when church people come over, so it felt good to put them in their place on my turf. If anything, hopefully they learned the value in calling before visiting, at least for our family!

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:45PM

Hey, do the alcohol for the next time they visit ;-)

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:46PM

That system works for more than annoying unannounced LDS visits!
Fun reading the interchange!!

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:53PM

That's awesome!!!

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 04:56PM

Haha! A most excellent story! Great job, WakingUpVegas. :-)

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 05:46PM

That's priceless. And I am surprised they stayed, maybe just trying to be cool. Love it that you said "aren't you supposed to make sure the husband is home? I thought men couldn't visit women alone in their homes."
Hahaha, serves them right.

Posted by: Jonny the smoke ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 07:06PM

"Hi, we're just checking in on some of our members, like we do every Tuesday night."

I wonder how "some of their members" were doing after seeing you in a towel/ bikini?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 07:26PM

OK, I literally laughed out loud. That is so funny. You handled it brilliantly. Two thumbs up.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 07:40PM

Too bad you didn't have any 70's music playing in the back ground.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 08:21PM

Since they said "We'll try again soon" I think next time you should do the "What is wanted?"routine when you answer the door.

Keep 'em wondering what you'll have, be, say, or do every time they come to your door!

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 09:01PM

Only next time leave the towel off.

Bikini, Glass of wine, 70's rock playing in background, Grateful Dead, Tom petty, Boston, Ozzie,, something like that.

Either way, that was Awesome!!

Date: June 05, 2013 09:27PM

I'm loving all these ideas, nice! And now that I know Tuesdays are apparently "Visit inactives day", I have time to come up with Round Two. I hope they bring missionaries or the Relief Society Presidency next time ;)

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 10:34PM

Awesome!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.