Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 12:29AM

I grew up in the mission field which basically meant there were not a lot of LDS females to date. When I went out with a non LDS female, sex in some form was not considered part of the date. I moved to Arizona (Mesa) where there were lots of LDS females and dating was a whole different story. It seemed like a large percentage of them expected everything to happen except the actual act,

Do you think the repressed sexual teachings of the LDS religion causes more sexual acts to happen than would otherwise happen in a normal community?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lasvegasrichard ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 01:14AM

Although is been years ago , my first 2 encounters were a SP's and a bishop's daughter(s). There didn't seem to be any hang ups I noticed !

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 01:31AM

I'm a nevermo but, when I was a young women, if I had been given a copy of those 'Dating Rules' discussed in this thread: http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,915766 that would have like giving me a to do list. ;-)

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 09:17AM

Do you think age and progressing maturity has something to do with your perception that women in AZ are more sexually open?

It's not clear in the OP, but it sounds like your initial dating experience was in high school. In my experience sex on a date in high school was not de riguer nor expected. Sex in college is. Then you said you moved to Mesa, so weren't you dating older, more mature women by then?

Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 09:41AM

Geez God! As if underwear really matters...

Posted by: elciz ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 10:59AM

I wish...

Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 11:15AM

All I can say is that when I was single I did some dating off of an LDS dating website. Let me tell you, that was the easiest place to get laid I have ever come across. Secular sites didn't even come close.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 11:25AM

Repression 'always' leads to Expression (sexual & other).

the teen years are common years of growing out of parental-imposed rules & values.

MoChurch is infamous for trying to extend the parental paradigm onto teens, ask anyone who attended Ricks/BYU-I -or- Provo.

with a % of teens, the family imposed values & rules Stick, but with a lot they don't.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 03:26PM

I found the opposite. Non-mormon girls are so much relaxed. They'll flirt with a guy, touch his muscles, etc. Mormon girls never did those sorts of things. They just kind of sit there and talk to you as if you're their father or bishop.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 03:35PM

Well, I don't know about LDS females, but I was an LDS girl who then became an ex-mormon woman.

Unless you're talking about pious fruit flies?

As for sexually charged, I think the notion of forbidden fruit applies to a good many teenage girls and boys who are brought up in repressive religions, mormon and otherwise. No real surprise there ;-)

Edited: Meant to add that forbidden fruit obviously refers to the idea that making an overblown issue of rigid sexual purity rules means that a certain number of people are going to feel all that more drawn to pushing the limits and breaking 'rules'. You know what they say about Catholic girls ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 03:39PM by frogdogs.

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: June 07, 2013 04:25PM

No way...they've had a lifetime of negative conditioning about it all, and they are NOT overcharged about it as a result. Course there are exceptions to every rule, but by and large, the average mormon woman is below average in that department. Am I right lady's?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.