Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 08:46PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/man-stomach-pain-discovers-woman-article-1.1363992

You know, I don't even need to write the rest of the post. You know, BKP, Declaration on the Family, who could he be sealed to in the Hong Kong Temple, etc?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2013 08:48PM by lulu.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 08:56PM

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 08:58PM

ROFLMAO

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 12:30AM

LMAO

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: June 05, 2013 09:04PM

People with issues like this have no place in TSCC. They don't know what to do with them, because gender is all important to "the plan." I know a person who was born with abiguous gender, basically a birth defect. They were TBM, and had some surgery to correct things. TSCC told him he could never recieve endowments or be married in the temple. "It will be sorted out in the next life." And transsexual surgery? Forget about it. That is specifically mentioned in the bishops handbook of instructions as being excommunicable.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 10:07AM

Right, see human embryos start out female. At a certain point in gestation, there is either a wash of hormones that trigger the male bits to develop, or there isn't a wash of hormones and the embryo remains female. So it makes perfect sense that there could be a vestigial ovary inside a male and that structure could develop a cyst. I wonder if he had one testicle, because typically, the ovary tissue is what drops down in the embryo's body to become the testicles. From a biological standpoint, this is fascinating.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 10:14AM

It said he had a "micropenis and no detectable testicles."

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:36AM

He'd make a good G.A.!

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 11:37AM

LMAO!

Posted by: liberalbutteffer ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 05:31PM

lol... Oh my god, I love you!

Posted by: freetimenow ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 02:33PM

This got me reading about genders and I learned that while western society views gender in binary terms, male/female, some societies have three or more genders. So there could be a neutral gender rather than forcing someone to feel the need to fit within one or the other. Or course this wouldn't fit well with Christian thinking.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I know very little about the subject of third genders, though it appears to me this person would fit better in a neutral gender.

Could such a concept work in the west eventually? Would it be acceptable? What would those with gender identity issues think of a neutral gender?

Posted by: Xq ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 03:21PM

While I have more familiarity with cultures with additional genders than I think most people are, I'm not aware of any "neutral" gender, per se. Certainly a person in any culture could be androgynous or present a highly ambiguous gender, but generally gender roles defined by the culture will have distinct attributes. Hijras, nadleeh, and the others, they're not neutral, they're just different.

Some transgender persons (whom I assume you mean when you refer to gender identity issues) do choose to identify with a gender outside the conventional Western options, or identify as no gender at all, but most simply identify as the gender on the other side of the binary divide as the gender they were assigned.

Posted by: Terror From The Deep ( )
Date: June 06, 2013 03:48PM

There are more people in the world with intersex, who are physically between genders, than there are members of the Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

Posted by: JDennis ( )
Date: June 10, 2013 12:45PM

Just searched for micropenis photos.... I promise I will stop complaining to god for my 5,5 inch penis..

http://www.micropenis.info/p/micropenis-photos.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.