Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 01:26PM

So, my wife and I are having a hard time seeing eye to eye on the bishopric interview thing. It is getting pretty bad. Apparently, each time my kids goes and gets wet for dead people everywhere they have to have an interview. This is insane as these poor kids are being required to do these stupid baptisms many time per year.

I've insisted the door be open and this latest round my wife didn't comply with my request.

How do I fight the mentality of these people?

Here is an example of this mentality. This "object lesson" is pretty much setting kids up to accept a man with "authority" asking about what bad choices they are keeping in their boxes.

The whole lesson is centered around "sexual sin." It doesn't even mention going to parents first if they are troubled.

Makes licked cupcakes look tame in my opinion.

"Object Lesson
Demonstrate how it helps to have advice and counsel from someone who knows what is right and what is wrong by doing the following object lesson.

Show the children the two bags or boxes, and explain that one has something undesirable in it and the other has something desirable in it. Show one of the children what is in the boxes. Tell the other children that they can ask that child yes or no questions about the items (with the exception of directly asking which is the good or bad container) until they can decide which is the good choice. Ask the children if it helped to talk to someone who was informed about which was the bad choice and which was the good choice. Point out that it also helps to counsel with those who are experienced in righteous living in order to get help and direction in making good choices in life."
http://teachldschildren.com/2012/03/lesson-24-alma-counsels-his-son-corianton/

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.