Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 12:47AM

My family and I haven't been to church since February (except for the brief visit to the Bishop's office to tell him to release us and take us off the HT/VT lists and put us on the no contact list).

In the past week we have had someone ask us if we were worshiping the anti-christ, someone stop by (who never has before) to specifically tell us he was still our friend, a call from the RS to ask if my wife wanted to help with a funeral and they hope to see us at church soon, and then a call from the ward mission leader to see if we wanted to help out with a missionary lesson to a neighbor across the street.

Gee . . . do you think they had a meeting about us last Sunday?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 12:56AM

So much for the no contact list. What an invasion of your privacy. What arrogance for the bishop and the members of the ward to ignore your express wishes.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 12:58AM

I always loved the "I just want to let you know that I am still your friend" calls, or the "I miss seeing you in church" calls. Half the time, I usually either had to ask who the person was, or remind them that we had never met (therefore was neither their friend OR someone they could possibly miss)

Posted by: mrsostrike ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 01:01AM

You can always remind them that you do exist outside of church, and if they miss seeing you so much they could always come over and hang out at your house. LOL unless you really dont care about seeing them. lol

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 01:03AM

"No, actually, we have stopped worshipping the anti-Christ - that's why we aren't Mormon any more."

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 01:33AM

Hey you made the agenda in Ward Council Meeting...

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 11:05AM

"Brothers and Sisters; we have yet another family that has found out the truth and are out."

"All in favor?"

"Any opposed?"

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 09:17AM

and tell him to call off his dogs.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 09:27AM

I'm thinking last Sunday was Ward Council and that your family is now the wards reactivation project.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 10:24AM

Ah, good to see they're ramping things up in advance for the June 23rd initative. Gotta get a jump on things, ya know.

I got the same treatment not too long ago. Reading about your experience reminded me about my own. It's amazing how easily it brings back the same feelings of aggravation and irritation. It still makes me just want to yell "Fuuuckk Yooouuu! For the love of god, just.go.away" at them when they come around.

You can leave the church, but they just can't leave you--alone.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 10:47AM

Anti-Christ? Haha! That is just weird.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 11:29AM

Like, when he meets them in the store they avoid him. If that's not possible, they might say something like, "Wow, I haven't seen you in ages!"

Friend replies, "Well I just live right across the street!"

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 11:46AM

You could sell them tickets to see you--recoup a little of that tithing you paid.

Posted by: utahstateagnostics ( )
Date: June 20, 2013 12:02PM

Mom: Oh, honey, don't point at the apostate. It's rude. Just go tap on the glass a few times to get his attention so we can take a good picture.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.