Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:14AM

Some of you know I teach CISCO Engineering. Never mind the missionaries sitting in Churches waiting for visitors to take a tour. Never mind the missionaries using the computers. Here is the real problem for members.

Everyone has a membership number. Those stupid enough to give their email addresses to the Church had better start changing addresses. Same with Facebook.

So the Bishop and Ward Council will now overlook missionary work and members working with the missionaries. Who sees the data? Who sees who has been contacting who and who has been working with the missionaries? Why the ward council. They will see bro and sister so and so are not working with the missionaries or they are. If they aren't, they get a call to see the Bishop and a call to repent or revoke their Temple Recommend by a push of a button.

You promise "I will work with them and you don't." There will be a record or a virtual trail.

Now the Church wants to see what website you go to. Once you give them control off your email address or Facebook address, they can snoop!!! And you will never know.

If you have friends on Facebook and the missionaries start to contact them you are going to look like a dick when your friends get hounded. People do not want to be sold religion and the new young missionary has not learned proper boundaries.

BUT here is the kicker folks. I teach hacking in my CISCO programs. I do not teach where the software is or how to get it but I teach hacking as it relates to network security. Hacking software is free. I had 3 CISCO students in the past year at the high school get by our district firewalls and try to change the mark books. That was before I taught the security part of the CISCO program.

Question, what is to prevent some ward pervert on the ward council from hacking into members emails, etc and by-passing their firewalls. Notice I said firewalls. What is to prevent some pervert from setting up a Facebook account under the name of a missionary and going after young people using Facebook?

I have a lesson in which I show my students pictures that I have just taken. With some free software, I can tell you the time, the place and even pull in a satelight map to show the exact location with pictures of houses, etc. I can even pull up their email account from the picture they posted. What is to prevent some ward pervert from hacking into a ward members Facebook, download recent pictures they have posted and know exactly where they are at. Or talking to some young person on the Facebook account on the cell phone and finding their location. They are not at home, they are in a park.... I will let you fill in the rest.

With a Wards member name, and address and date of birth, at CISCO workshops once a year, they review how easy it is to get your bank account numbers, your credit card numbers, etc even without your social security number. A missionary gets bored and says "lets see what I can do today."

I do not want to sound doom and gloom but I have first hand experience. The past two years, I have had many students bypass our District firewalls and security and log into their home computers. It is so easy for them to do that.

This is what I got out of tonight's historic event. It's going to be historic alright.

One last item for you to think about. Computer hackers are not very smart people. I had a special ed student hacking into all sorts of places. Take some time and do a search on "free hacking tools" on the internet. It will blow you away. Oh BLOWFISH is a good one!!!

You say that missionaries will be closely watched. I watch my computer classes very closely. But if a student asks me a question, and I reply, other kids have hacked their way out of our district's network and into their home network!!!

I hope the Church has lots of money for lawsuits as they will becoming. I am putting in a CISCO router that logs all attempts to look at my network. Date, time, etc. If I see any Church related activity, I will sue. You see my wife is a TBM. But the internet in our house is in my name so I will see the traffic in the router's log. Maybe I will get my tithing back.

As a CISCO instructor, we use the right tools to get into your network. Another time I will try and explain how we can record your phone calls if you have cable, from the lap top I am using right now in my hotel room. Take a look at WIRESHARK.

I was going to delete this post as it is not inspiring. People like me should have come away from a historical event uplifted. Instead I am feeling sad because the top 15 just do not know. It was an embarrassment tonight. These guys are 10 years behind in the technology but they acted like it was new.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:23AM

The Missionaries will be seen as Spam.

Posted by: anon for this comment ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:26AM

This was way more inspiring than the drivel the church just dished out.

This is useful information.

The church is run by a bunch of old men who think they know it all. They're so out of touch with the young computer aged kids. The more those old men talk, the dumber they look.

Posted by: snatch ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:41AM

Cameras and microphones accessed thru spyware.

It's gonna make it harder for Jack Off Jones to get into the temple.

No sacrament for you, you filthy masturbator.

Fuck I miss the cult.

(.)(.) boobies

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:46AM

Thanks for posting, please keep us current on your insights on this subject.

I have a good imagination, I I don't see this as a plan that will be successful in creating new full tithe-paying members, but it will create lots of market information, big data.

I hope we can have exposure to the raw data since part of the Mormon skill set is ignoring facts and spinning a fictional narrative.

Two-faced excellence.

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 03:53AM

Same goes for Twitter & Google +. The cult will bother you, people you follow, & who follow you. Also, if they don't like something they see, you could be pulled in for disciplinary action.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: June 24, 2013 01:16PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.