Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jumper ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:45AM

Can anyone provide one instance of where this so called Church has stepped up to the plate and provided assistance as a Church (not individuals) to the recent floods that have devastated Calgary and the surrounding area to the tune of $5 billion in damages? They are somewhat big in southern Alberta and Charity begins close to home for most religions, including a see the Hutterites who have been providing meals non stop for emergency workers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:46AM

Yes.

They built an upmarket Mall in Salt Lake City and are giving Missionaries iPad's, so be grateful
(And don't forget to pay your tithing).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2013 09:46AM by Stumbling.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: June 25, 2013 09:50AM

If they show up, it will be with the bright 'helping hands' shirts for more of a PR moment than actually anything helpful.

I am across the fence in Montana, and it is nice to see the Hoots lending a hand. They are a persecuted people here. I do not understand it. I have done a lot of business with them over the years and always found them to be decent and honest people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.