Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: grady ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 05:05AM

On 24 September 1890 President Wilford Woodruff met with the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his two counselors. On the twenty-fifth President Woodruff recorded: “I have arrived at a point in the history of my life as the president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints where I am under the necessity of acting for the TEMPORAL salvation of the church. The United States government has taken a stand and passed laws to destroy the Latter-day Saints on the subject of polygamy, or patriarchal order of marriage; and after praying to the Lord and feeling inspired, I have issued the following proclamation which is sustained by my counselors and the twelve apostles. [The Manifesto follows.]” (In Clark, Messages of the First Presidency, 3:192.)

Temporal: a: of or relating to time as opposed to eternity b : of or relating to earthly life c : lay or secular rather than clerical or sacred : civil <lords temporal>
2: of or relating to grammatical tense or a distinction of time
3a : of or relating to time as distinguished from space b : of or relating to the sequence of time or to a particular time : chronological
— tem·po·ral·ly adverb

Based on this is it safe to conclude that god never ordered the cult to stop the adulterous practice of polygamy and the cult is in violation of god's eternal, celestial laws?

I guess the omniscient god failed to consider that normal people were against the perverse practice of multiple wives and it appears that god is not yet aware of the cult's 1890 manifesto disallowing polygamy because he has not DESTROYED them for it.

Could it be this cult is full of $hit and they prey on the stupid and gullible?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.