Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: June 26, 2013 02:42PM

Proxy voting for the dead to become a religious ritual in the Corporation of the Church of Jesus Christ.

Utah government optimistic that this will be upheld by Utah courts and State Attorney General, Idaho and Arizona have been eagerly supporting this initiative.

"The living will be inspired to vote on behalf of the dead, the eternal souls of dead Americans are deeply invested in America and want to make sure that their progeny have the same opportunities they had as members of the One True Country."

State Clerk, Brigham Ezra Smith, is working on the ballots for the dead at this time. "We see this as an exciting development in Voter Rights and look forward to our leadership expanding throughout the United States."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 02:49PM by gentlestrength.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: June 26, 2013 02:44PM

Awesome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 02:44PM by Xyandro.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: June 26, 2013 02:49PM

I concur.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: June 26, 2013 03:18PM

Bravo.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: June 26, 2013 03:06PM

I don't think Utah wants my grandparents voting. They did not like Republicans.

Date: June 26, 2013 03:13PM

....but what if the proxy voters are inspired that they have greater knowledge and want to vote more traditionally, like from the 1850's?

The majority of Utahns do believe in revelation and inspiration! All they need is the rule change to act on the revelation and inspiration. It's a big announcement. Historic.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: June 26, 2013 03:15PM

The Republican Party was founded on fighting the twin evils of barbarism: slavery and polygamy.

I cannot imagine Brigham Young, even a resuscitated one, voting Republican, ever. John Taylor certainly has no love for Republicans, dying in exile and all.

Date: June 26, 2013 03:17PM

I am pretty sure the Mormons will get it right, the always do! They are busy little bees, and I'm not so sure John Taylor ever died. I think he is a zombie, does that count as dying. I don't know, whatever the prophet says is good for me, unless the newer prophet says differently then he's right.

I am working on my political cartoon. Stick figures and all!

Polygamy, restored priesthood, and proxy voting. Mormon gifts to the United States of America. Thank you very much for playing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2013 03:23PM by gentlestrength.

Posted by: hk ( )
Date: June 26, 2013 03:07PM

Democrat: "Not original."

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: June 26, 2013 03:30PM

In 1964 I prevented the dead from voting! I was an election challenger. I was in a polling place in the North End of Boston to prevent the election being stolen like the 1960 election in Chicago. The district was 300 to 1 Democrat. I kid you not. Well, about an hour before the polls closed a line built up and a man was asked his name and he read a piece of paper. He didn't match the description on the voter list and I challenged him. Well the moderator had a fit. Didn't give him the challenge ballot. Well, the next man said the first was just out of the hospital and that explained why he had to read the slip. Well, he didn't match either! Challenge. Now the moderator was really hot under the collar. He had already kicked out the other challenger for taking pictures as the moderator and his assistant were going into the voting machines with voters. Had the cop there send him out. Well, with this todo going on in come some bigwigs to get the story for the news. The line dissipated quickly and that year the precinct did not record 100% voting as it usually did. At least some of the dead did not vote.

One should remember the Simpson's episode when Lisa found that her cat buried in the pet cemetery was recorded as voting!

Date: June 27, 2013 12:29PM

The Mormon church has confirmed this is a religious ritual, so they insist that it must be protected by the US constitution.

I understand the other voting you discuss, but this does not happen with a beginning and opening prayer, special clothes, Mormon priesthood, burning bosoms, and inspiration.

This is true Voting for the Dead, not false Voting for the Dead.

Posted by: anon1234 ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 12:36PM

Oh, you need to write it up and submit it to the Onion.

humm, and the spam code is XXXJC

Date: June 27, 2013 02:39PM

I'm thinking, perhaps I need a stronger issue. Certainly, Mitt Romney's defeat, or immigration law. It is a bit of a challenge right now to choose what Mormon God/leadership would want proxy dead votes to support.

I need to think of the revelation for the change in operations. Thinking it through.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: June 27, 2013 03:57PM

I bet the proxy dead voting will only be preformed in the temples by those with a TR.

Date: June 27, 2013 04:02PM

Yes, of course. Full tithe paying will be part of the worthiness, the revelation seems to be about 20% tithe, deductible of course, with a $250,000 US minimum annual. Don't worry though, multiple proxy votings can be performed at the same time, so no long lines or delays for proxy dead voting is performed.

It might be transferable to corporations, since they are people too, thus proxy dead voting should be an eternal of people corporations too. Further light and knowledge is being sought, people are currently going back after having gone down. You do need to come up for air after going down a long time.

Don't forget this is a religious ceremony, so it must be constitutional. Right?!? At least that is what I have been hearing about tithing and temples on other threads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2013 04:04PM by gentlestrength.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.