Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 06:51PM

I was catching up on older email at the Salamander and came across this material. The sender left no email addy or any way of confirming this, so I am wondering if any of you "in the know" may have some info/data/intelligence on the matter.

The email is dated 03/21/2012 by german35 and be found at this link at the Salamander if you scroll down to the Comments Section.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/salary/
I'm Turkish man and I have been working for LDS charity last ten years as a interpreter here in Turkey. At the same time I was church leader in last 6 years. After ten years me and other two interpreters from different cities wanted our salaries. They told us "your treasure in heaven" and when we did ask again we been fired from job and excommunicated from church.

And of course they start a campaign against to us. Now we sued LDS charity and LDS Church. We ask our ten years salary and ten years insurance (in Turkey employer pay employment's insurance ). In the court they lied and they said "there are another LDS church and LDS charity in Utah these guys working for others. We dont know them.).

We are going to show to judge and the public prosecutor about 40,000 pictures, videos, news, two books chapters which pointed and targeted us. Thousands of Internet news, or web pages which pointed and targeted us (of course of we are in a Muslim country). Personly, I have so much documents which are showing I have been working for LDS charity. I only wonder how come Mormon Church lies so easily for money. - 03/21/2012 - german35

I did a cursory Google search and only came up with this link which is in the general time line of the complaint. The emailer must have googled something about LDS Church salaries to have hit the page at the Salamander.

http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/61618/Church-reaches-out-to-disaster-victims-in-Turkey-other-nations.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WarriorPrincess ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 08:00PM

Wow! I'm so sorry! That is horrible! I don't know why the mormon church does the very things they council their followers not to do. I truly believe the increasing amount of greed and dishonesty will be the destruction of their church. When people finally begin to wake up and have had enough, they will leave.

Posted by: hotdogs12 ( )
Date: July 05, 2013 11:57AM

cricket Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was catching up on older email at the Salamander
> and came across this material. The sender left no
> email addy or any way of confirming this, so I am
> wondering if any of you "in the know" may have
> some info/data/intelligence on the matter.
>
> The email is dated 03/21/2012 by german35 and be
> found at this link at the Salamander if you scroll
> down to the Comments Section.
>
> http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/salary/
> ...................
> I'm Turkish man and I have been working for LDS
> charity last ten years as a interpreter here in
> Turkey. At the same time I was church leader in
> last 6 years. After ten years me and other two
> interpreters from different cities wanted our
> salaries. They told us "your treasure in heaven"
> and when we did ask again we been fired from job
> and excommunicated from church.
>
> And of course they start a campaign against to us.
> Now we sued LDS charity and LDS Church. We ask our
> ten years salary and ten years insurance (in
> Turkey employer pay employment's insurance ). In
> the court they lied and they said "there are
> another LDS church and LDS charity in Utah these
> guys working for others. We dont know them.).
>
> We are going to show to judge and the public
> prosecutor about 40,000 pictures, videos, news,
> two books chapters which pointed and targeted us.
> Thousands of Internet news, or web pages which
> pointed and targeted us (of course of we are in a
> Muslim country). Personly, I have so much
> documents which are showing I have been working
> for LDS charity. I only wonder how come Mormon
> Church lies so easily for money. - 03/21/2012 -
> german35
>
> ...................
>
> I did a cursory Google search and only came up
> with this link which is in the general time line
> of the complaint. The emailer must have googled
> something about LDS Church salaries to have hit
> the page at the Salamander.
>
> http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/61618/Church
> -reaches-out-to-disaster-victims-in-Turkey-other-n
> ations.html

I know this person and be assured there are 2 sides to every story. It is difficult in some cultures for people to understand that the church cannot give you everything you want when you want it, especially cash. I know for a fact he was treated fairly, so don't believe everything you read!

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: July 05, 2013 12:08PM

The problem with LDS is that they give NOTHING back to faithful tithe payers.
They take hard cash for some nebulous promise of eternal life after death.

The above story may not be exactly as stated, who knows, but none no one has a hard time believing that the morg screws over its own members.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: July 05, 2013 12:43PM

Well, who are YOU hotdogs 12 and why should your anonymous, TBM-sounding post "assure" me of anything?

The LDS church is corrupt and has been since the beginning . . . or didn't you get the memo?

;o)

Posted by: bishop Rick ( )
Date: July 05, 2013 12:18PM

sounds like the guy is either plain stupid or was indeed working as a volunteer then decided to claim back pay when somebody pissed him off. No sympathy

Posted by: politicaljunkie ( )
Date: July 05, 2013 02:04PM

There a few points about this story that doesn't make sense.

Who works for any employer for ten years before asking for pay? It seems like anyone who entered a contractual employment agreement would ask for wages after a more reasonable amount of time, say one year. And how was this individual able to support himself and any family he has unless he had other sources of income?

Unless, of course, he actually had another job and the translation job he refers to was purely voluntary, as hotdogs12 asserts.

Perhaps hotdogs12 can fill us in on the details.

Here is some interesting information about Mormons in Turkey from cumorah.com...

http://www.cumorah.com/index.php?target=missiology_articles&story_id=18

Membership Growth

LDS Membership: 221 (2008)

In 2003, there were members. Membership growth has slowly increased to 186 in 2006 and 221 in 2008. The bulk of Turkish membership resides outside of Turkey. Most members are not Turks but rather foreigners or are from other ethnic groups.

Congregational Growth

Branches: 4

In 1991 there were four branches.[5] In early 2010, the number of congregations remained unchanged from two decades earlier. Branches met in Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, and Adana. The Adana Military Branch serves the needs of members in the United States military at Incirlik Air Base. In 2009, three humanitarian senior missionary couples were stationed in Ankara, Istanbul and Izmir.

Activity and Retention

Very few Turks have joined the Church in Turkey. The first Turk to join the Church in Ankara was in 2006. In early 2009, there were 10 active members in the Ankara Branch. National active membership is likely around 80 to 100, or 40% of total membership.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 02:04PM by politicaljunkie.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 05, 2013 02:52PM

not very. Maube 3 or 4 months.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: July 05, 2013 02:59PM

You out there darlin'?

Links? Supporting information? Data? Legit Stories?

We're waiting on you to fill us in, since you seem to know the subject at hand so well.

;o)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.