Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: flybynight not logged in ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 11:53AM

Doctors don't always keep up with current research. I had a TMB doc in the Morridor tell me a few years ago that all cervical cancer is caused by HPV which is 100% caused by promiscuity.

He explained that only women who cheat on their husbands will get cervical cancer, and if one is monogamous, they are safe from any type of reproductive cancer.

Yes, I can believe there's a TBM doc out there who thinks that lesbianism is a disease or that it causes other diseases.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 02:35PM

If you track gay men, lesbians, and heterosexual couples, lesbians have the lowest incidence of sexually transmitted diseases of that group. To the extent that lesbians do get or pass STD's, it is usually bisexual women who get diseases from men and pass them on to their female partners. When people harp on the idea that gay behavior is bad because of STD's, and that is evidence that God is smiting gay people for their sins, you would have to think that lesbians are God's chosen people.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 02:55PM

Promiscuity in women only? It's often promiscuity in men that pass the STDs onto women.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 03:22PM

dk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Promiscuity in women only? It's often promiscuity
> in men that pass the STDs onto women.

Exactly. Often, the women who get passed the STD's were faithful to their cheating husband who gave it to her. That does include Mormon women who married their RM in the temple and who were virgins at the time of the sealing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 03:24PM by adoylelb.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 05:44PM

Of course their is now a vaccine for HPV which is tying fundamentalists of all stripes into knots.

Posted by: Infinite Dreams ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 05:54PM

& they're trying to get it (or a variation) approved for adults.

Posted by: rachel1 ( )
Date: July 08, 2013 06:02PM

What a crock. I once knew a very TBM woman who contacted HIV/AIDS through her supposedly TBM husband who was sleeping around with men without her knowledge. She didn't know he had this disease until he died while she was pregnant with his child.

I was a very loyal TBM and loyal to my first spouse. He was not loyal to me and liked prostitutes. Guess who gave me chlamydia?

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 02:44AM

How can he continue practicing medicine? I'm not saying all doctors should be atheists, but wackos like him should have his qualifications etc revoked!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.