Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: extman ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 11:53AM

My take on personality disroders is that the person is so wrapped up in thier own issues (dependence, self-aggrandizement, lack of emotional control) that they treat others like objects. The personality disordered person's concerns are so powerful and overriding that others exist mainly to help them deal with them.

It's obvious how this applies to the Mormon Church.

Mormon Observer said:

"When talking with my BP once he told me how he’d flubbed up with his wife. He’d planned a special get away with her. He picked her up after work on a Friday and asked if she’d like to go get a milkshake. They did, then went on a drive. After an hour or so she realized they were far from town. She asked him about it and he happily told her they had motel reservations at a very nice resort half an hour away and he’d arranged for the sitters and everything. He’d even packed her suit case and it was in the trunk."

You know what that ungrateful bitch did? She berated him! Yes she berated him! He’d packed her dress slacks!

So what? He wanted to spend time with her? She took it for granted. He’d never managed to put together a day away from the kids and they had eight!"

It's kind of like a missionary, who has voluntarily given up 2 years to indentured servitude. And is encouraged to feel guilty and unworthy about the smallest infractions. Like crossing the borders of his area to get a hamburger.

The doctrines and instututions help us to create our own internalized abuser, who is always reminding us of our failures in serving the cause. I often felt so much that I was just a part in a machine, a piece of the overriding plan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 12:01PM

I once compared the LDS corporation, as an "individual" to the psychopathy checklist.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,384746,384746#msg-384746

Posted by: extman ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 01:01PM

Yes. A huge malignant psychopathic narcissist. If you don't fit the mold, contort and smash yourself until you do.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 01:12PM

Agreed.

The church is a cult, or as I like to put it, a narcissistic organization.

It turns normal people narcissistic, but it turns narcissists into completely frigged up units.

The 15 old guys would therefore have to be flamming narcissists not to have empathy on the members they control. The thing I've had to learn the hard way is to never get into a relationship with a narcissist or join a narcissistic organization like the mormon cult.

There is no correcting mechanism in the cult. You can't vote, you can't have a union, you can't disagree. The leaders with that much power, love having that much power. Its all about power and control of people and money.

I can just imagine their meetings: how can we squeeze more time and more money and make them reproduce more to service the cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.