Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 12:41AM

No, not while they are driving, though that is a real problem. The real problem is that they may discover sex.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765634022/Wake-up-and-smell-the-sexting-parents.html?pg=all

Now again, there are a lot of real dangers on the internet for kids, including the dangers of getting into perverted messages from strangers. There have even been high ranking leaders of the church who have preyed on teenagers, including this one really sick pervert who used to tell girls that angels with flaming swords would kill them if they did not have sex with said leader. I could imagine the internet would have been a bad tool in that guys hands.

That said, most of this seems like a really big scare campaign. Mormons don't want their kids learning anything about sex at all, until the wedding night, when hopefully they will figure out which part goes into which without making Spencer W. Kimball cry, who likes to watch from the spirit world, as you know.

Anyways, I thought this was the kind of topic you all liked talking about, and by posting it, I could fulfill my own adolescent need for attention.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.