Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: extbm1324 ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 11:43PM

I have been inactive for about 5 years. I am still on the membership records, probably should get my name removed. I just have been to lazy to get it done, which is sad considering how easy it is.

I have lived Boise for two years, with really no mormons bombarding me here. They are in the minority by far in Boise. Well today I was taken by surprise by two sister missionaries. I just sort of froze, I wanted to mess with them, but they were just so cute and happy looking. I did not want to ruin their day. So I just told them my partner and I were not interested, and that I was sure someone else might be, and closed the door on them.

I think I missed an opportunity to have some fun. I am gay, and it would have been great to play dumb and sit next to my partner with my hand on his knee and have a talk with the sister missionaries as if I were interested. I just figured it would have been cruel to do it, considering I know that I know more about the religion then their naive minds probably ever will know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 02:13AM

Yes, it would have been fun to play a long for a bit. But I think you did the right thing. They would also have had a hard time knowing what to do.Seems everyone is getting visited these days. Glad Mormons are in the minority in Boise.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 06:58AM

Resigning is a good idea and it often eliminates most unwanted intrusions, but certainly not all.

Mishis mess with their contacts. I don't like it and don't do it to others.

Posted by: Cowardly lion ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 12:17PM

Ahhh... Thats so nice of you! I have to admitt;Ive always wanted to mess w/em. but dont have the heart. Kind of like moving the dogs water bowl! lol

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.