Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 04:05PM

. . . I'll be sharing some interesting internal BYU memoranda involving correspondence between top Mormon hierarchy and BYU administrators over the personal "worthiness" status of BYU faculty priesthood quorum instructors teaching politically-unacceptable views about the Founding Fathers. (We're talking here about investigation of temple-recommend and tithe-paying status because of objections raised to lesson material taught in HP quorum by a BYU professor)

Plus, some revealing internal correspondence involving various high Mormon Church leaders detailing how LDS Inc. subsidizes expenses of certain Church-serving members in ways that the general membership has no knowledge of. (We're talking here about tithing funds being used to cover Church-educational institution costs, full-time missionary-related expenses and some non-Chuurch-related expenditures).

*IMPORTANT NOTE: Because some of the people mentioned in the correspondence are still living, I will be deleting their names to preserve their privacy.

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 09:52PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 04:06PM

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 04:10PM

Then you can eat them!

Have fun Steve!

Date: July 16, 2013 04:36PM

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 06:10PM

Just need a bigger smoker, lots more bbq sauce and more spongy bread. Also need to budget much more time as full blown creationists require much longer smoking times to get as tender and delicious as babies!

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 05:07PM

I guess I'd better make a run to the grocery store and pick-up some gourmet popcorn kernels. As soon as you post, I'll make a fresh batch, sit back, read and enjoy the post. FYI, the post better be as tasty as my heavily buttered popcorn - dripping with mouth watering morsels!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 05:09PM

Is this going to be recent information or something from like the 80s or so?

Date: July 16, 2013 05:33PM

. . . will not be copious, but they will be dumped. :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 09:07PM by steve benson.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 06:15PM

May have to re-stock my Fridge with Coors for Steve's return...

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 07:32PM

I'm convinced it all comes down to "authorities" with personal agendas. "If I disagree with what they are saying it must be punished. If I agree with this guy's politics; its okay to intertwine church with it, even in the most inappropriate ways."

"Mormons for the ERA" get excommunicated.

Using church callings and church resources for an anti tax rally, get the vote out for Mitt, and selling Skousen merchandise; that's obviously inspired.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 07:34PM by crom.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 08:44PM

You mean you found something to do more fascinating than us?

I'm shocked.

Date: July 16, 2013 08:45PM

. . . at Eastern Kentucky U near Lexington. I'm heading up to Cedar City for his going-away bash. Wooo-hooo! Toga parties in Utah!!! (Well, one can always hope).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 08:47PM by steve benson.

Posted by: sanitationengineer ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 01:31PM

If nothing else you can always go visit (hie to) Kolob!!! Unless things have changed drastically since I was there you just might find something not quite resembling a toga party.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2013 01:33PM by sanitationengineer.

Posted by: runningyogi ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 11:47AM

The Hidden Chambers of Mormondum are fascinating. And I thought De Vinchi Code was good?! LOL

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.