Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rgrraymond ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 01:47AM

Leave a plate of cookies on their door step with a invitation to a EXMO gathering.
Call some TBMs to go out and have a drink at a bar to discuss JS many wife's.
Mail TBMs an invitation to a sexy underwear party.
What are so more good ideas for love bombing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 01:51AM

Sincerely invite their kids to go to vacation Bible School at another church. That should go over well. My church is having it this wk. The kids would love it but it would never happen.

Posted by: sunnynomo ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 03:21PM

We tried that for years. My daughter was always being invited to girl's camp - we were "assured" that it was completley non-religious. There would only be campfires, crafts, horseback riding - normal campy stuff.

My kids already attended another summer camp every summer - and it IS a real camp. Building shelters, ghost stories, etc. It is officially owned by the Knights of Columbus, which is a men's auxillary organization. The big ritual every day is raising and lowering the flag.

So, anyway - my girl had been asking her friends to go to camp with her for years - and had her heart broken that her friends would tell her they could not go to another church's camp, but that she should go to theirs instead.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 03:45PM

I love bomb DW's assigned friends... Excuse me, visiting teachers.

Posted by: emma ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 04:24PM

Our vbs is coming up to. I have thought about inviting some mo kids to it, just for fun.

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 02:13AM

I love the idea, but there's still a basic difference which may hinder the effectiveness, imo. To us, a TBMs are (in some cases) nice people, but deceived and misled. To them, ExMos are (again, I generalize here) lazy, bitter sinners. An ExMo may want to share some truth about tscc, while a TBM "knows" (read: feels) they have it already.

Anyways, I like honestone's idea of vacation bible school, and I'd like to add any sort of non-lds church activity. It had a pretty good effect on me by forcing me to see others' faith and open my mind a bit to think outside tscc.
In any case, genuine love and acts of kindness go a long way, imo :)

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 03:47PM

I like the idea too. As much as Mormons whine that others promote "misconceptions" about their religion, I've found Mormons to be the most ignorant of other people's faiths. But, I guess, when you have the "restored gospel," in the "one true church," there's little reason to bother learning about what others believe.

Posted by: tmac ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 04:28PM

Ain't that the truth? After we left TSCC, I was talking to ward member at a party and she asked what church we were going to now. She is from St George and has only lived in Texas for a few years. I told her that I was attending Catholic mass and taking the classes to learn more about Catholicism. She had a look on her face like she had no clue what I was talking about and barely muttered a response about not knowing anything about Catholicism. Seriously? You don't know anything about Catholicism? I guess she never paid attention in history class and doesn't have any non-Mormon friends.

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: July 18, 2013 01:56AM

Shamefully admitted, I used to be like this while TBM. Sure, I knew there were other belief systems and religions out there and had a general idea about what they were about, but I really didn't feel like I needed to delve any further. I felt my ignorance was justified, in a way. I have the one truth already. What more do I need?

Posted by: rgrraymond ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 03:09PM

Invite TBMs to a wine tasting party. After you bless the wine.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 03:16PM

Hasn't worked for the morg, however, so it might not be such an effective ploy.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: July 18, 2013 03:02AM

Some mormons are extremely annoying, but others do these things innocently, and they genuinely don't get how annoying it is. I love-bombed people when I was TBM, and I genuinely thought I was just being nice. Now I realize how annoying it is, but I think of my past and I give TBMs the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

The "dropping cookies at the door" thing is something I'd love to do. Maybe some mormons would realize how patronizing it is if they were on the receiving end of it. I just can't believe I used to do that to people. I wish I could apologize to everybody.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.