Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: piper ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 11:48AM

Yay for you!! Where do you want to go?

And how are you feeling?

Still thinking of you... :)

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 11:51AM

The history, the architecture, the food, and yes, even the sweltering heat. As odd as it sounds, whenever I go there, I'm sexually turned on the entire time. I'm sure Jer will appreciate the increase in my sexual appetite LOL.

I'm doing better. Meds have been adjusted and changed and so far are working well for my depression/anxiety. I'm actually beginning to feel human again :)

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 12:00PM

I am so glad to hear it. I have never been to LA, or much of anywhere, for that matter, but New Orleans seems to be one of those places that get into your soul.

:)

Posted by: DaveinTX ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 01:02PM

Oh the smell and stain of urine all over the walls and sidewalks every morning..... Oh all the pan handlers in Jackson Square that want to rob you blind. I love NO too.....not!

Date: March 15, 2011 01:08PM

Posted by: DaveinTX ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 04:07PM

You are absolutely right. Every city has its downside. that includes the one I live in, Houston. I just have never liked NO. Every trip there is an adventure of some sort.

Date: March 15, 2011 04:10PM

My only trip to Houston was when I was 17, and I went to visit my cousin who was living there at the time. One of the days I was there, she had to work so she let me take her truck. I was out on the road maybe 20 minutes and I was so freaked out I had to pull into the parking lot of a fast food joint and cry. LOL

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 02:04PM

N'awlins?

That would give me a reason go to there. Have never been there.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 12:02PM

Well, this will be just one more reason for me to get off my ass and head to New Orleans!

Yay for you both!!!

Erin

Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 12:02PM

Posted by: Happy_Heretic ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 03:08PM

We live in cache valley and have had it with the shitty winters and shittier people. We ant warm,clean air and the ability to find a few godless heathens too.

I hope we both get our wishes fulfilled very soon!

HH =)

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 03:12PM

New Orleans is not a city I'd want to live in -- then again, I'm leery of costal cities in general.

Now if you ever want a place with real seasons and reasonably solid tectonics, look me up in Spokane. :D

And I'm very, very glad to hear you're doing better. I know how hard it can be when meds are off. You just made my day!

Date: March 15, 2011 03:34PM

But, we've got friends that live in New Orleans and love living there, so at least we won't be going to a town where we don't know anyone.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 04:14PM

LA is rated as the happiest state... a Southern co-worker laughed and said, "That's because all they do is drink in New Orleans! Of course they're happy!"

I think after the intial culture shock of living outside of Utah, you will love it!

Posted by: carthagegrey ( )
Date: March 15, 2011 05:12PM

n.o. has drive thru daiquiri shops too !!!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.