Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 06:14PM

I hate this whole attitude the church has tht if someone has questions then they are doing something wrong. This is so culty I can't even believe it. The church teaches that people go apostate for being sinful... So if you are Tbm and begin to question the church, (which as we all know is a very easy thing to do in light of the crazy doctrines and the haunted past), then you might start to worry that you are under Satans influence.

People wouldn't have so many questions if the leaders of the church stopped trying to cover things up and lying all the time. Tscc has really dug a whole for themselves. They teach that the church is 100% true, that the prophets are mouth pieces of god and that you must not lean unto your own understanding. Didn't someone at gc say that the church is either 100% true or it is false? Isn't the bom the most correct of any book?

Doesn't that mean that if even one thing about the church isn't true, that everything else would follow? I know so many tbms that won't question anything because they are afraid of what they will find out about the 100% true church.

Asking questions doesn't make someone sinful or even apostate. It is exactly what makes us human. Damnit hate them today!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 06:29PM

Yes, you're right. In the Church's POV, an apostate is someone who asks too many questions, especially if its broadcast on the internet and made public to millions. Instead of welcoming independent investigation of truth, members are taught not to think for themselves.

"Apostasy : refers to members who repeatedly act in clear, open, and deliberate public opposition to the Church or its leaders and also includes those who repeatedly present information as church doctrine that is not church doctrine and those who repeatedly follow the teachings of apostate sects or those who formally join another church. Merely failing to attend church meetings does not qualify as apostasy."

Here are some other big no-nos. This is from Wiki Leaks, the Mormon Church Handbook of Instructions, circa 1999.

If your family member is apostate, that could bar you from getting a temple recommend:

http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/Mormon_Church_Handbook_of_Instructions_(1999)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2013 06:44PM by Senoritalamanita.

Posted by: PhoenixMom ( )
Date: July 22, 2013 07:45PM

Sad isn't it...that's what our bishop told my husband after he expressed his doubts to him about the BOM and church history. Just saying you have doubts automatically means you've lost the Spirit and are under the grips of Satan. He told my husband we was borderline apostate and needed to be careful. Careful of what, he didn't say, but I'm assuming being ex'ed. It's ridiculous.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.